Username and Password

Reaction score
Hello @All,

Recently I have bought a camera HIKVISION H.256 first time and trying to configure it using NVR. camera showing in IP management but added the camera it's showing yellow (information sign) and showing an error "The username and password are wrong". I have tried many times to correct the password but continuously it's showing this error.

It's requested kindly guide me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Shahrukh

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have bought a camera HIKVISION H.256
A new Hikvision IP camera should be supplied in an 'Inactive' state, which requires it to be 'Activated' by creating a strong password of your own choice.
If the camera is connected to a PoE port on a Hikvision NVR, the NVR would normally do this automatically when the PoE port is in 'Plug & Play' mode, which is the default.
If the camera is connected to the LAN, 'Activation' can be done either with a web browser to the camera IP address, or more easily with Hikvision's SADP tool.

Reaction score
A new Hikvision IP camera should be supplied in an 'Inactive' state, which requires it to be 'Activated' by creating a strong password of your own choice.
If the camera is connected to a PoE port on a Hikvision NVR, the NVR would normally do this automatically when the PoE port is in 'Plug & Play' mode, which is the default.
If the camera is connected to the LAN, 'Activation' can be done either with a web browser to the camera IP address, or more easily with Hikvision's SADP tool.
Thanks for your prompt response.

The camera is connected and NVR showing it's the successfully active state but I'm getting an error mentioned subjected error after added. The status sign continuously showing "wrong username and password" and after few attempts, the error message to "user has been locked".