using cameras motion detection

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello! I have a bunch of Dahua cams that are ONVIF 2.4.1 and I can't seem to get the motion detection portion to work using the cameras motion detection and not BI motion detection. How can I troubleshoot this exactly?

thanks....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello! I have a bunch of Dahua cams that are ONVIF 2.4.1 and I can't seem to get the motion detection portion to work using the cameras motion detection and not BI motion detection. How can I troubleshoot this exactly?
thanks....
Blue iris support for in camera motion detection is limited...it works with axis cameras, some mobotix, and hikvision cameras that have an alarm output... It may also work with dahua cameras that have an alarm out...you would need to test it.. See links below
This is not necessarily a bad thing...it lets you customize motion detection based on time of day, schedule etc...you are not stuck with a single setting..
..generally you need to enable the cameras output alarm triggers (even if nothing is connected to them)...and also in camera properties >video>configure, select use cameras digital input or motion.

Take a look at these..while they pertain to axis and hikvision, they may help you set your cams up for in camera motion....
Anyone get in camera motion detection working with Axis or Mobotix?
Using IP camera based PIR sensors with Blueiris