Using computer speakers as 'output' for mic input?

Coderedpl

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello there,

So I'm wondering if this is possible and figured this is essentially the best place for it.
Long story short, I have two dogs, and I purchased the IPC 35A cameras to have speaker output to be able to correct/yell at them when needed (if they bite something they shouldn't etc) but either the volume is too low (even on highest setting) or it's not intimidating enough.

So I have a good set of computer speakers I use for my TV setup and whatnot that I was considering connecting to the blue iris machine, but is it possible to have them output the sound I need say when I press the MIC button on one of the cameras, so instead of going to the camera speaker, it would go to the computer speakers?

This would allow me to either make sure they hear me or even play an alert tone to scare them to prevent them from performing actions they shouldn't.

PS. I have NOT tried anything yet, just toying with the idea while outside of the house. Need to find an audio extension cable to connect the speakers first.

Thanks in advance.

Coderedpl

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've been messing around with various settings and just can't see a way to get it to output to a certain source instead of going to the camera itself.
Anybody know of any alternatives maybE?