Using Hik camera as a webcam

Reaction score
Strange one this I have been asked if I can supply a camera which uploads an image to a webpage like a webcam during operating hours. There is no internet connection so this will have to be done over 4G. I've found the FTP capability but it changes the filename every time it uploads an image. I would rather not have to get into modifying files on the server if possible but can't seem to find any useful how to's.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
More detail as no one has had a brainwave yet. Going to use a 4G dongle with a mobile router as this is going to be at a local tennis club which has not internet connection. They want members to be able to log on to the website to see if the courts are all in use or if the weather is ok to play. I don't want to set the camera up as a server itself as the data is going to become expensive with members checking all the time, hence why I want to upload to a web server.

comsci

n3wb
Reaction score
you could try the CamaC IP Camera FTP and remote viewing service I'm currently developing.

This would give you a historical record of all uploaded pictures and will automatically delete old files to maintain the disk quota.
I don't have the concept of a guest account or link yet but this is on the to do list. So currently would have to share the account details with all the members

Run the demos or create an account at https://app.comsci.co.uk/camac

Currently free while in development and probably only about £10 a year for a low data rate application as yours

Simple to access historical events
Your data is safe and secure. (Encrypted via HTTPS and FTPS)
Access from anywhere with Internet and a browser.
No router configuration required.
No static IP or dynamic proxy requirements.
No vulnerabilities from open network ports
No software or plugins to install
No DVR video recorder required.
Data is preserved in the event of camera theft, damage or power disconnection
Performs better than other remote viewing solutions where bandwidth is limited (E.g. poor wireless or mobile signal)
Automatically deletes old pictures to maintain disk quota