Using IP Webcam with Blue Iris

Zeke431

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Several of my IP cameras are old Android phones. I use IP Webcam to make the phones into dedicated cameras. I am able to view these cameras locally and remotely. Unfortunately, I can't find the right settings to make them work in Blue Iris.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..
Set it to the generic MPEG and use /videofeed as the path.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Last I checked I think IP Webcam only does jpeg/mjpeg video. I hope I am wrong because MPEG is way better. Still nothing compared to h264 of course.

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another question moreless similar.

I have an IP camera Vivotek PD8136 . It is connected trough internet.
It wasn´t possible to find the driver for this camera. The one that let me have signal was another similar Vivotek RTSP / HTTP

Since I am a beginner, let me ask these questions:
+ since it is an IP cam, the video quality use to be as bad as I have ?
+ Can I improve the video quality playing with some other parameters?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another question moreless similar.

I have an IP camera Vivotek PD8136 . It is connected trough internet.
It was possible to find the driver for this camera. The one that let me have signal was another similar Vivotek RTSP / HTTP

Since I am a beginner, let me ask these questions:
+ since it is an IP cam, the video quality use to be as bad as I have ?

Can I improve the video quality playing with some other parameters?
This is a different question than the original..the OP wanted to use a cell phone as an ip camera...
For your situation Vivotek RTSP is the correct choice from the drop down...
The camera is 1mp so you should be getting an OK image...the fact that a camera is IP has no bearing as to whether it will produce a good image.
What is the problem you are having? Post an image of what you are seeing..
How is the image when you log into the camera directly?
What do you mean the "camera is connected through the internet"? is the camera at a different physical location than the blue iris pc?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
(First of all sorry for my english)

Review attachment, This is the quality I have.

Regards

Roberto

Does the image look like that when you log into the camera itself or only on blue iris? Please post a screen shot of your blue iris video configuration settings...
It seems like you are getting the sub stream instead of the main stream.

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I never knew that first I need to setup the camera settings using the original interface, and then BLue Iris will work with those parameters. I thought that within BI all was controlled.
I learned a lot today

Thanks for your patient, problem resolved

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great! Are you sure that image is the full resolution? it still doesnt look too great..maybe its because its 1mp but its possible that you are still pulling the substream...

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How I know if I am still pulling the sub stream instead of the main stream ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How I know if I am still pulling the sub stream instead of the main stream ?
What does blue iris report as the resolution of the video in the video tab> size:
It could just be the camera - you can see if the image is the same when you log into the camera directly...
The vivotek is overpriced...There are much better cameras for less...

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What does blue iris report as the resolution of the video in the video tab> size:
It could just be the camera - you can see if the image is the same when you log into the camera directly...
The vivotek is overpriced...There are much better cameras for less...
What camera would be as same as the one I bought with the same results? (or better)

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Pan tilt is not very useful because when you pan to one location you miss the other...
Not sure how much you paid for the Vivotek PD8136 however they are about 340 here in the US...
This dahua camera IPC-HDB4300F-PT can be had from us sellers for 229 or from 175 on ali express..
EYEsurv ESIP-MP3-PNT1 Mini Pan/Tilt Dome 3MP Hi Def Security Camera 3.6mm - 3 MP - IP Cameras - Hi-Def Cameras - Cameras
Its has a much better image than your camera... make sure to play the video at the highest resolution.

Alternatively you can just you two fixed and that way you dont have to pan tilt and have 24/7 coverage...that is my preference...

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. For the next buy, I took note:
(since I am within a customer warehouse, I can´t install more than one camera)

http://es.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=iPC-HDB4300F-PT&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20150325183809
US $159.79

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. For the next buy, I took note:
(since I am within a customer warehouse, I can´t install more than one camera)

http://es.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=iPC-HDB4300F-PT&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20150325183809
US $159.79

Thanks

its 175 with shipping
Dont randomly choose ali express sellers..you need to know they are reliable....
You may be better off buying from a us seller if you dont have technical experience or want a warranty.

r1wilson

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..
Set it to the generic MPEG and use /videofeed as the path.
Hello. I tried this but I'm still not having success. The only options I see under generic are Mpeg stream and Mpeg1 via web socket neither of which will work for me. Can you provide more details or suggestions.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pan tilt is not very useful because when you pan to one location you miss the other...
Not sure how much you paid for the Vivotek PD8136 however they are about 340 here in the US...
This dahua camera IPC-HDB4300F-PT can be had from us sellers for 229 or from 175 on ali express..
EYEsurv ESIP-MP3-PNT1 Mini Pan/Tilt Dome 3MP Hi Def Security Camera 3.6mm - 3 MP - IP Cameras - Hi-Def Cameras - Cameras
Its has a much better image than your camera... make sure to play the video at the highest resolution.

Alternatively you can just you two fixed and that way you dont have to pan tilt and have 24/7 coverage...that is my preference...
These see ir light?

r1wilson

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried these settings and it does not seem to work for me. Can you supply more input.
Here are my settings currently.
ipwebcamsettingsonBI.png