Using IVMS 4200/4500 on a Tablet?

ajason

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need a small tablet (7 or more inches) to view my cameras. Viewing the cameras with IVMS is the primary purpose of the tablet. I mistakenly bought an Amazon Fire HD tablet but it will not run any version of IVMS (in spite of the fact that it is an Android based system.) Took me several hours to realize this.

Does anyone use a small tablet with IVMS? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need a small tablet (7 or more inches) to view my cameras. Viewing the cameras with IVMS is the primary purpose of the tablet. I mistakenly bought an Amazon Fire HD tablet but it will not run any version of IVMS (in spite of the fact that it is an Android based system.) Took me several hours to realize this.

Does anyone use a small tablet with IVMS? Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Any tablet with the google play store will work. You can also try side loading ivms...alternatively you can install something like tinycam or ipcamviewer by robert chou...though you will not be able to review any video with these apps..just live view.

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a nexus 7 tablet and was having the same issue. It would tell me that the app is not compatible with my device... If you do a YouTube search for apk extractor you will find that you can install the app on your phone (if android) then extract the apk (install file) to Drive and install on your tablet. Worth a shot.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I used it before on my nexus 7 tablet just fine, but I switched to tiny cam pro and it's much superior.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ivms-4200 works fine on Nexus7 without issue, I would recommend a Samsung note 10.1 as being the best and an IPad as a Frisbee.

jerome8283

n3wb
Reaction score
4500 works on my iPad mini except from time to time I cannot connect to my second camera. The first works consistently.

Last edited by a moderator: