Using NVR with Blue Iris

Pike

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought 5 dahua cameras and a Dahua NVR. I prefer Blue Iris over SmartPSS, i was able to connect my pc to the NVR through blue iris but it will only display the camera on Port 1 of the NVR.
Any ideas how to get blue iris to read the individual ports of the NVR so I can display all the cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought 5 dahua cameras and a Dahua NVR. I prefer Blue Iris over SmartPSS, i was able to connect my pc to the NVR through blue iris but it will only display the camera on Port 1 of the NVR.
Any ideas how to get blue iris to read the individual ports of the NVR so I can display all the cameras?
add the camera again and change the channel number in blue iris. A better solution is to use a poe switch and if you still want the nvr as backup stream to both from the switch.

Pike

n3wb
Reaction score
upload_2019-8-16_21-23-30.png

This is all I see in configuration, I don't see anything that says channel. When I change the camera number, nothing changes.

Pike

n3wb
Reaction score
upload_2019-8-16_22-2-42.png

Okay I figured it out for anyone else who might have the issue. Under Video>Path where it says channel=1 change that channel number to match what port you're trying to see.
Thank you fenderman, it took me a few minutes to see that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 46059

Okay I figured it out for anyone else who might have the issue. Under Video>Path where it says channel=1 change that channel number to match what port you're trying to see.
Thank you fenderman, it took me a few minutes to see that.
Changing the camera number should also work

DGMoore

n3wb
Reaction score
Except that the change is made in "Stream Profiles" under Blue Iris 5, the context looks pretty much the same. For me to see my "CAM5" I had to change the channel 0 to channel 4 as shown on the next line.

/bcs/channel4_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}