Using Spotter Cameras to direct a PTZ where to look in an NVR or Blue Iris and setting a spotter cam as a priority in Blue Iris

Reaction score
that's....involved. gotta have a managed switch and know how to mirror a port. But is fun to learn for troubleshooting. Or to give headaches.

In BI, if I move camera a couple degrees...it does not HOME after 3+ minutes.
In camera GUI, if I move camera a couple degrees...it does not HOME after 3+ minutes.

Wonder if I should just default the PTZ, delete it out of BI, and rebuild it.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That would be an odd firmware issue. Hard for me to see how firmware would affect that. If you can move it to one present, then you should be able to move it to another after whatever given time. Camera doesn't know or care. Unless I'm misunderstanding how BI controls that. I assume that it's just calling whatever initial preset after the timer expires.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But the firmware update will lose autotrack, unless you have a really old firmware and not the last one before they took away autotrack?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is weird though how inconsistent it is. I know that some have followed it and works as intended.

I have helped 4 with this over TeamViewer and 2 work just like mine, one had to add the wait command, and another I am still helping that is doing what yours is doing. Can't help but think something behind the scenes with BI has changed and a command is dropped in a newer update (unintentional) or maybe mine works but was an unintentional function.

Reaction score
For the record...I am using the Dahua SD49225XA-HNR with auto-tracking enabled.

System Version: V2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR Build Date: 2020-03-12
Found New VersionRFID VersionISP Version this is hidden on the screen so folks do not try to update and lose the auto-tracking ability, I guess
WEB VersionV3.2.1.819501
ONVIF Version18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642
** Found new PTZ firmware version ** this is hidden on the screen so folks do not try to update and lose the auto-tracking ability, I guess
Security Baseline VersionV2.0

For a long time, I was using the ONVIF (OXML) protocol as it is default. Been trying Dahua V5 and Dahua V4. V5 doesn't work at all. V4 seems to be identical to OXML as in nothing standing out while troubleshooting.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is the latest firmware before they removed autotrack.

Reaction score
Yeah that is the latest firmware before they removed autotrack.
I see in the SD49225 review when it first came out, other folks had issues about not returning to home. Still bugs me that I do not see Blue Iris notify the PTZ after the trigger ends with any HTTP ONVIF commands. Makes me wonder if could be related to a faulty ONVIF version that Blue Iris is using for this specific camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe try the ole factory reset and reflash the firmware?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll take a look in Wireshark too.

What are you using as a filter?

Reaction score
you are looking for POST /onvif/ptz_service HTTP/1.1 and down in the xml description, it will list the ONVIF commands. specifically, GoToPreset is important. (the onvif/subscription is NTP server time stuff).
Untitled.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I do see what looks like a return command. Not sure how to copy things over here in a way that's readable. Basically what I see is something that says "GotoPreset" when the return happens. That must be the return since I panned the cam manually and it's the only thing that should be invoking any presets. And it's the last POST command sent from my BI server to the IP of the cam.

ETA: Wait... let me double check that again to make sure that I didn't hit any other preset. I played with it some before I tried to do a clean capture.

OK, yes, that should be right. Excerpt below. Preset 3 is my "home" position. That number follows the PresetToken tag.

Code:
<s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><GotoPreset xmlns="http://www.onvif.org/ver20/ptz/wsdl"><ProfileToken>MediaProfile000</ProfileToken><PresetToken>3</PresetToken></GotoPreset></s:Body></s:Envelope>

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, I do see what looks like a return command. Not sure how to copy things over here in a way that's readable. Basically what I see is something that says "GotoPreset" when the return happens. That must be the return since I panned the cam manually and it's the only thing that should be invoking any presets. And it's the last POST command sent from my BI server to the IP of the cam.

ETA: Wait... let me double check that again to make sure that I didn't hit any other preset. I played with it some before I tried to do a clean capture.

OK, yes, that should be right. Excerpt below:

Code:
<s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><GotoPreset xmlns="http://www.onvif.org/ver20/ptz/wsdl"><ProfileToken>MediaProfile000</ProfileToken><PresetToken>3</PresetToken></GotoPreset></s:Body></s:Envelope>
i find it easier to hit the "prtsc" (print screen) button on the keyboard, open up Paint progam, paste in, do some cropping, save as jpg, and upload here.
of course, remove any security issues (serial #, passwords if visible, etc)