Using VLC player with Blue Iris v4

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes right now I'm using the MPC-HC player in windows and I have the recording set to record in 7 sec. clips so I can save the ones I want, I also set them to extra large icons when I move them to another folder to look at them, I like to go through them as fast as I can but the problem I have is as I go through them they take longer than I like for them to open so I was just wondering if VLC player would be any better or is it just that I have changed them to extra large icons or if it's a different problem.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. 7 second clips and extra large icons do not sound like features related to Blue Iris at all. Generally if you want video files to open faster, you need a faster storage device and a faster CPU.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am talking about the Blue Iris video clips that are saved in a folder. After they are saved I move them into a different folder to look at them. That is where I make them extra large to see them better. Thanks anyway.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am talking about the Blue Iris video clips that are saved in a folder. After they are saved I move them into a different folder to look at them. That is where I make them extra large to see them better. Thanks anyway.
Blue iris 4 lets you view the clips from within blue iris. blue iris 5 makes this even easier. There is no reason to create the mess you have going on.