USPS Throws My Package

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your tax dollars at work:

Due to the shape of my entryway and the eaves, the impact sounds louder than it actually was. It was just a t-shirt in the box, but it sounds like a case of crystal champagne flutes. :lol:

Here's what she does if the packages are too heavy to throw:

Yes, I reported her to my local USPS office, and actually received a reply:

A discussion has occurred to reiterate the Postal Service’s policies for proper mail handling and delivery. The carrier has also been instructed to provide you and all customers with quality service by walking to your door and placing item down for delivery.
What puzzles me is that the camera is _right_there_ in plain sight, staring at you. It's a Microseven M7B77-WPSE, so it's not a big honkin' unit, but it's very clearly a security camera, and it's mounted right next to the door.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your tax dollars at work:

Due to the shape of my entryway and the eaves, the impact sounds louder than it actually was. It was just a t-shirt in the box, but it sounds like a case of crystal champagne flutes. :lol:

Here's what she does if the packages are too heavy to throw:

Yes, I reported her to my local USPS office, and actually received a reply:

What puzzles me is that the camera is _right_there_ in plain sight, staring at you. It's a Microseven M7B77-WPSE, so it's not a big honkin' unit, but it's very clearly a security camera, and it's mounted right next to the door.
To be clear, the postal service receives no tax money...they are self sufficient....those drops are nothing...the packages see much worse along the route...no need to hassle them at work..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I like to say, many people wouldn't notice if you were walking down the street with your forehead on fire.

I have a sister in law that walked past my post lamp 2 feet away from it for years, one day she's ask's. Oh I like that, thats new. I said, yeah it was new about 7 years ago. :blankstare:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It is shocking to me how many people don't seem to see these cameras. I've seen post after post around here of "bad guys" walking right by them like they don't exist.

That's true. I'm not sure my mail guy has ever noticed mine. I don't think the guy ever looks up over his whole route.

On the other side, it's interesting to watch how some people's behavior changes when they do see the cam. A lot seem to do kind of a reverse thing where you can see that their eye catches the cam but then they try to pretend like they haven't noticed it. Kinda odd. My regular Fedex guy will wave to it. lol

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My delivery of a new bluetooth headset. Good job Lasership.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be on the phone or e-mail with amazon so damn fast, armed with that video, it'd make your head spin.
You easily could have gotten into your car and backed over it.

And if they shined it on I'd have my wife post it on FB and share it with half the RN's in Alabama (I just don't do ANY social media).

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be on the phone or e-mail with amazon so damn fast, armed with that video, it'd make your head spin...
You get what you pay for Tony...and as long as sellers continue to race to the bottom offer the lowest possible price they are going to search out the lowest transportation options. And in the transportation business, more than any other, one gets what one pays for. Don't get me wrong...it pisses me off too, but what the fuQ did you expect would happen when the shipping is "free" or next to nothing.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You get what you pay for Tony...and as long as sellers continue to race to the bottom offer the lowest possible price they are going to search out the lowest transportation options. And in the transportation business, more than any other, one gets what one pays for. Don't get me wrong...it pisses me off too, but what the fuQ did you expect would happen when the shipping is "free" or next to nothing.
Unfortunately, that's true. My expectations of what people actually do and what they should do has declined dramatically in recent years. Folks want more for less and they perform accordingly themselves, especially when they think no one is looking. 'Pride", "sense of duty" and "honesty" are traits that used be prevalent in most but have waned considerably. Their mantra? "How little can I do for a much money as possible?"

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's true. My expectations of what people actually do and what they should do has declined dramatically in recent years. Folks want more for less and they perform accordingly themselves, especially when they think no one is looking. 'Pride", "sense of duty" and "honesty" are traits that used be prevalent in most but have waned considerably. Their mantra? "How little can I do for a much money as possible?"
Or "why the fuQ should I bust my ass when they pay me so little and they don't give a Qrap about me."

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong...it pisses me off too, but what the fuQ did you expect would happen when the shipping is "free" or next to nothing.
I'm not foolish enough to believe that my "free" shipping is actually free. I know it is embedded in the price I pay. I also know they use "free shipping" to pad the bottom line when the buyer purchases multiple items, and the seller can take advantage of economies of scale.

Complain early, complain often. It improves your service. The USPS girl is on a wage anyway so what's her excuse?