Vacation Home - Remote BI Viewing question

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks so much for this site and your help!

I am probably confused so thanks in advance!
I have Blue Iris and webcams at my current home - all good!
I just set up some webcams in vacation place and purchased a 2nd license for BI and installed that on a computer in the vacation place. My question in how do I view the 2 vacation cams on my home Blue Iris Software Program and vice versa?
I can see the new cams on the Web Access using the WAN - but when I try to add a new camera using the WAN address I get nothing? Do I need to buy a DDNS like NO-IP to view these cameras or is there a step or 3 I am missing?
Thanks so much for your help!!
Paul C

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i doubt you have enough bandwidth to do that; your best bet is remote desktop or something like that.

i think @bp2008 has a web app of some sort, look at the stickies.

fundean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The BI app works great
If you are trying to access the settings, vpn in...

Reaction score
Thanks all! I guess what I am trying to understand is....Is it possible to view a Blue Iris Camera from my vacation home which is on a Blue Iris Program powered desktop. Through my regular home's Blue Iris Program desktop using the WAN address at the vacation home on my home Blue Iris Program? If no is the only method to view by using a no-IP DDNS type of solution?
Thanks again for your patient replies!
Paul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks all! I guess what I am trying to understand is....Is it possible to view a Blue Iris Camera from my vacation home which is on a Blue Iris Program powered desktop. Through my regular home's Blue Iris Program desktop using the WAN address at the vacation home on my home Blue Iris Program? If no is the only method to view by using a no-IP DDNS type of solution?
Thanks again for your patient replies!
Paul
Yes, you can stream from one blue iris machine to another. Yes you will need to use something like no-ip/dyndns or you can manually update the ip when it changes...

Reaction score
Thanks fenderman!
Still struggling here....I have gone through both sides (home Blue Iris and vacation Blue Iris desktops) and they both indicate open ports (success) base on the Blue Iris web remote access tab.
I can remotely log in and see the cams both through a WAN entry and DDNS (no-IP) web address in a browser from the remote (home) location. However, When trying to view through the Blue Iris Program on my remote desktops (both) I cannot access any cameras that are not on the LAN - any thoughts on what I am missing??
Most thanks!
Paul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman!
Still struggling here....I have gone through both sides (home Blue Iris and vacation Blue Iris desktops) and they both indicate open ports (success) base on the Blue Iris web remote access tab.
I can remotely log in and see the cams both through a WAN entry and DDNS (no-IP) web address in a browser from the remote (home) location. However, When trying to view through the Blue Iris Program on my remote desktops (both) I cannot access any cameras that are not on the LAN - any thoughts on what I am missing??
Most thanks!
Paul
How are you configuring the cameras in the machine you are viewing on?

Reaction score
Hi Fenderman
Not sure if the above screen shot helps....let me know what other info you need - thanks!
Paul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman
Not sure if the above screen shot helps....let me know what other info you need - thanks!
Paul
I deleted your attachment because it contained your ip address (the ddns)...
Your issue is that you are using camera specific settings to try and stream a blue iris stream. First disable any port forwarding on the cameras...you dont need it.
Then in blue iris set it up as displayed in my image. Where "CD" is the camera short name. Use the BLUE IRIS webserver credentials for username and password not the cameras.

Attachments

Reaction score
fenderman - thank you so much!!! also thank you for deleting sensitive info - I appreciate that.

I am half way there!! One cam (107) works perfectly the other (108) while working fine on the LAN computer does not show that cam when I try to go to the LAN address that BI creates. So when I go to that address or the DDNS address from here all I see is the one camera....any ideas?
Thanks so much once again!
Paul

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman - thank you so much!!! also thank you for deleting sensitive info - I appreciate that.

I am half way there!! One cam (107) works perfectly the other (108) while working fine on the LAN computer does not show that cam when I try to go to the LAN address that BI creates. So when I go to that address or the DDNS address from here all I see is the one camera....any ideas?
Thanks so much once again!
Paul
You should not be going to any lan address. The camera works at the remote location..you are streaming via the blue iris webserver. All you need to do is keep everything the same in the setup except change the camera short name in the path to match the camera you want to view....meaning change the "CD" in my example to the camera short name.

Reaction score
Hi fenderman - thanks for your patience!!

I did do that for the other camera but the issue now is that on the DDNS address it is only showing the one camera and not the other. I went through and where BI tests the webserver ("to open your web server in browser" following the the link to test it only shows the one camera - thoughts??
Paul

Reaction score
Update - Thanks fenderman - I figured it out the enable webcast streaming was not checked on the source cam - thanks again for your patience and help!! Great site and most appreciated for those of us cam challenged folks!
Thanks again!!
Paul