Valid License not Recognized?

Reaction score
I have been running Blue IRIS for almost two years in my vacation home. About two months back I replaced my main drive and followed the export of the license info, installed the new OS on the drive, installed BI and re-imported the registration. After importing the information all cameras have functioned fine and everything has worked as before the drive change until this morning.

When I tried to log into the PC remotely with the mobile app this morning I could not do so. So I used VNC and logged into the box with my PC and started the BI app. on doing so it essentially appeared to have forgotten the License and stated there were 0 days left on the trial. I rebooted the machine remotely and logged back in. I then restarted BI with the same result. I then pasted the key into the License request field and everything returned to functioning normally.

So the question is, why did this happen? When I replaced the Drive was I required to enter the key in addition to the import of the Registration & config information? I have vague recollections of doing this but I won't say I am positive. And if I did not enter the license at the time, would it actually have worked properly since the drive change (which it did until this morning)?

Any input would be appreciated.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been running Blue IRIS for almost two years in my vacation home. About two months back I replaced my main drive and followed the export of the license info, installed the new OS on the drive, installed BI and re-imported the registration. After importing the information all cameras have functioned fine and everything has worked as before the drive change until this morning.

When I tried to log into the PC remotely with the mobile app this morning I could not do so. So I used VNC and logged into the box with my PC and started the BI app. on doing so it essentially appeared to have forgotten the License and stated there were 0 days left on the trial. I rebooted the machine remotely and logged back in. I then restarted BI with the same result. I then pasted the key into the License request field and everything returned to functioning normally.

So the question is, why did this happen? When I replaced the Drive was I required to enter the key in addition to the import of the Registration & config information? I have vague recollections of doing this but I won't say I am positive. And if I did not enter the license at the time, would it actually have worked properly since the drive change (which it did until this morning)?

Any input would be appreciated.....
Are you certain you checked it after 15 days of replacing the drive? you would have noticed the trial screen overlay....
This can also happen if someone else uses your key on another install..

Reaction score
Are you certain you checked it after 15 days of replacing the drive? you would have noticed the trial screen overlay....
This can also happen if someone else uses your key on another install..
Yes, I absolutely checked it beyond the 15 day mark as I look at the location several times a week. I also certainly hope no one else is using my key but if they are I would assume this problem will come back in the future. Could it also have anything to do with Daylight Savings Time as it did change at this location over the weekend? Just a wild thought.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I absolutely checked it beyond the 15 day mark as I look at the location several times a week. I also certainly hope no one else is using my key but if they are I would assume this problem will come back in the future. Could it also have anything to do with Daylight Savings Time as it did change at this location over the weekend? Just a wild thought.
no