ver 3 lic

tjl

n3wb
Reaction score
I have ver 3 lic I bought not 30 days ago I will sell to anyone interested for 20 bucks..I take PayPal

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From Ken:
Once upgraded, the version 3 license is non-transferable and is scheduled to be revoked.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From Ken:
Once upgraded, the version 3 license is non-transferable and is scheduled to be revoked.
That would make sense but how would he implement this?..you dont need to submit your prior key to get the discount..that is how folks who never had BI3 were buying BI4 for half price...

tjl

n3wb
Reaction score
How can you say that I own the lic.. I paid again for ver4... I think if you want to cancel my lic you have to pay me for it first.. $30.. bucks that's what you charged me to get a upgrade.. Wow..some customer service you got there buddy.
won't recommend you sofware to anyone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How can you say that I own the lic.. I paid again for ver4... I think if you want to cancel my lic you have to pay me for it first.. $30.. bucks that's what you charged me to get a upgrade.. Wow..some customer service you got there buddy.
won't recommend you sofware to anyone.
I think you are misunderstanding...this website is not connected in to the developer..its a user run website...so I am not really sure who you are talking to.. I doubt the V3 license will be canceled..but even if it was the developer would have every right to cancel it..let me explain...
When you upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8 at a discount, you are not allowed to use the old license....same WITH ALL OTHER SOFTWARE.......that is why you get a discount..you cannot sell or use your old license...the developer was nice enough to offer a half price upgrade that is VERY GENEROUS...I dont see any basis for complaining...this software is worth way more than the 80 dollars total that you paid for it. I challenge you to find a better alternative.
From the windows 8 end user license, why should blue iris be any different.
"The software covered by this agreement is an upgrade to your existing operating system software, so the upgrade replaces the original software that you are upgrading. You do not retain any rights to the original software after you have upgraded and you may not continue to use it or transfer it in any way."

For what its worth..I read on other websites (slickdeals) that the developer was nice enough to provide a free upgrade to 4 for those who purchased in November as well, you just need to email and ask...that is above and beyond any requirement on his part.