Version 4.5.6.2 in Internet Explorer, login page borked.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else getting this with the latest update? Seems like there are some issues with the webserver as of late. I know the developer was working on web page compression stuff, so this might be a side effect of that.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it works for me...restart your system and test again.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just as an update to this...I still can't get this to work on 1 specific PC (Windows 7, 64 bit with IE 11), but it works fine on other similar systems. I reset all of my IE settings on this PC and nothing works. I used the downgrade link in the other thread for v4.5.5.1 and now it works fine. It seems that this specific PC's installation of IE is not decompressing the compressed pages that BI is serving. I have gone to the extent of running Wireshark on my BI PC and examining the HTTP data, comparing the PC I am having trouble with and another PC that works fine. The data BI is serving out appears to be identical (albeit compressed and not clear text like usual HTML code) to both PC's so that leads me to believe there is an issue with my PC and not BI.

Other browsers on this PC work fine, just IE is displaying this problem. I like using IE because of the smoothness of the ActiveX control.

I have no idea why Internet Explorer on this PC would not be decompressing pages coming from BI...more investigation is needed.

Bruce_H

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this issue, I have the same thing happening on 1 Win 10 PC with IE 11, the PC is all updated with Microsoft Updates and I am running the current version of BI, all my other Win 10 PC's work fine with IE 11 and I can load the web page on other browsers on the affected PC, but they do not run the activeX control and display very slow over the slow WAN link to my BI web page.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's basically my experience as well. Most PC's with IE 11 display the page fine, just my 1 desktop does not.

I have not resolved it, but I have reverted back to BI version 4.5.5.1 for the time being. I contacted the developer and he said that in the next release he will disable web page compression because he has read that IE does not always handle it properly.

Bruce_H

n3wb
Reaction score
I reverted back to 4.5.3.7 as I could not find a copy of 4.5.5.1, the problem PC now displays the login page correctly. I have turned off the automatic updates in BI until I can confirm that a new version is available that does not use the web page compression. It is unfortunate that we can not figure out what is causing the problem on the few machines that are having problems with the compression? My BI install is located in a remote location that has limited bandwidth available due to the distance from the central office for the ISDN equipment.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its fixed in 4.5.7.3. I think he disabled compression in the webserver.

Bruce_H

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I just updated and the PC that had problems with IE 11 works fine now!