Version 4.5.9.7 -- Storage Errors?

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since upgrading to 4.5.9.7 a few moments ago, I notice the following error message in the message tab of my status window:

1.JPG

Based on quick observation, the system seems to be running normally, but clearly something has gone wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, I got problems as well...I think the developer needs to put a "revert to previous version" button somewhere.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I got problems as well...I think the developer needs to put a "revert to previous version" button somewhere.
or you can download the updates from the website and revert to any version any time...easy..

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, what is the quick and dirty method to get back to 4.5.9.6 from the website?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, what is the quick and dirty method to get back to 4.5.9.6 from the website?
you cannot do it after the fact...but if you had downloaded the updates using the website you would have them all saved...bp2008 developed a tool to do this automatically for you...there is a tread on it..

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you cannot do it after the fact...but if you had downloaded the updates using the website you would have them all saved...bp2008 developed a tool to do this automatically for you...there is a tread on it..
understood. i had planned to implement bp2008's tool, but never got around to it. so, for now, we just have to wait for a further update (e.g., 4.5.9.8) addressing this issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
understood. i had planned to implement bp2008's tool, but never got around to it. so, for now, we just have to wait for a further update (e.g., 4.5.9.8) addressing this issue?
yes or find a post where someone posted a dropbox link to an earlier version...

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, thanks as usual, Fenderman.

quick unrelated question: I switched over to "running blue iris as a service" a few days ago.

I had to reboot earlier today, so I closed the GUI (I did not stop the service, however) and then re-booted the PC.

After reboot and re-launch of the Blue Iris GUI, I noticed the following status message:2.JPG

Is this message indicative of a problem? Usually I think of "unexpected shutdown" as a message that would follow a system crash.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, thanks as usual, Fenderman.

quick unrelated question: I switched over to "running blue iris as a service" a few days ago.

I had to reboot earlier today, so I closed the GUI (I did not stop the service, however) and then re-booted the PC.

After reboot and re-launch of the Blue Iris GUI, I noticed the following status message:View attachment 20906

Is this message indicative of a problem? Usually I think of "unexpected shutdown" as a message that would follow a system crash.
I dont think its an issue...since you rebooted while the service was running, it likely considers that "unexpected"...

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
regarding the storage errors, has anyone sent a message to Ken @ Blue Iris? Or should we assume he reads this forum, so that notifying him is redundant?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
regarding the storage errors, has anyone sent a message to Ken @ Blue Iris? Or should we assume he reads this forum, so that notifying him is redundant?
he does not read the forum...its always best to email so that it gets resolved quicker.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I downgraded to 4.5.9.4 for the time being and it works fine until a 4.5.9.8 is released.

gotitmadecij

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is 9.8 out yet? I went back to 9.6 and for giggles tried the update button and it showed a 9.8, I didn't click update though

so while doing all this I received a e-mail from Ken stating that the errors had been corrected in 4.5.9.8 so I found the answer to my question

Last edited:

NVR990

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
4.5.9.8 is now on the Blue Iris website!

I just downloaded it, and it appears that my storage issues have been resolved!

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems like it should be simple for Ken to trigger a new system restore point before every update and and solve a lot of these "Waahhh my Blue Iris doesn't work right after update!" posts. Reverting to the previous version and waiting for the fix would be dirt simple.