Very quick review DS-2CD3345-I

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

just receive a DS-2CD3345-I 4mm (540VTL) from AE (23 days to coming )
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-New-model-DS-2CD3345-I-4MP-array-30m-IR-Network-Dome-security-ip-camera-H265/1111147_32415146575.html

Firmware on board : V5.3.3 build 150613
Encoding :
V7.1 build 150613
Sticker with
Chinese : V 5.3.3 150624
Multi language menu

Camera stand alone:

First thought:
very fast feeling when navigate in each menu, instead of my other Hikvision
You have to pass the security check with the force password before use it : use strong password is now mandatory
i will try to update with some pics for comparison with 3MP turret and this 4MP turret

With NVR

You must have the strong password with the cam before you can use the cam with NVR (Activate ) ,
mine is
DS-7616NI-E2/8P V3.3.1 build 150422 with us only language
No mismatch language
When you put line detection (Smart event) on cam, you see the line on NVR (my other cam don't)

BUT when you put H265 encoding in the camera, NVR doesn't receive video from camera, you must put H264 encoding to
operate with NVR
I haven't yet upgrade my NVR to V 3.3.4 to see if H265 is recognize yet

Franck.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Could you share night time video/snapshots? This camera is new and no samples available on youtube. Thanks!

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, Daylight pics, night coming soon

First able, here is a pic of the cam itself and would like to share with you what hikvision have change
the way of install the camera

Here is the back of the cam, the DS-2CD3345-I is on left side, on right side i put a DS-2CD2332-I to show
you differences (scale is cm )

PLASTIC yes bunch of plastic for DS-2CD3345-I

disassemble, always plastic

Let's go to see how to put it on a wall !!!

You have to disassemble to place it because the screws are not on the side like "old camera"
you have to screw the plate and after place the camera
i've put red circle, for the screws of the DS-2CD2332-I to show you how thinner the new cam is, i have re-use one of the 3 screw hole

Both cameras are 4mm , the blue can is exactly 5meters (16ft) away from camera and the fence behind car is 10 meters (32ft)

DS-2CD2332-I

DS-2CD3345-I

Attachments

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The benefit of the 4MP higher resolution camera shows at the building at the far end of the picture which is clearer. Also the leaves at the right side of the picture show the very good depth of field (depth of focus). Well done.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's quite a big and noticeable step up in terms of the level of detail that's visible - not just the far away building, but also the deposits on the tiles to the left. And especially the leaves on the right, as @aster1x noted.
What resolution did you have the cameras set to for each picture?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Resolution for both camera set to 1920 * 1080P
And this nights pics too at 1920 * 1080P

DS-2CD3345-I
WDR ON 50%

DS-2CD3345-I
WDR OFF

Attachments

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have to reboot the cam to set resolution, otherwise it doesn't want to set permanantly

bigjezza

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the effort. If I understand correctly, it lets you choose between h264 and h265? You aren't forced to use h265?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Not bad thanks! Do you have the DS-2CD2332-I night shot for comparison?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@franosor You sort of ... deceived us (kidding ofcourse). I was under the impression that resolution of the pics captured was the full 4Mpixel resolution of the camera, instead you set it at 2Mpixel!!!. In any case the day picture quality and the uniformity of resolution is impressive as it is in the night shots. The WDR effect is enhancing the picture brigthness uniformly. However when the WDR is ON do you notice any ghosting on any motion across the camera (not towards or away fro th camera)?

However the usable IR distance is maximum around 7-8 meters (about the distance of the car) . Further than the car addittional IR illumination is required.
I have a feeling that the shots at full resolution illhve more noise (grain) both in day and night. So can you capture day and night shots at full resolution wiht both cameras (2332 and 3345)?

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bigjezza exactly you can choose between two resolution,

but (always a but :laugh: )

My NVR doesn't support yet H265 when i select this resolution also Surveillance Station 7 on my Synology too,
so must have H264 by the way !!!

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, ... the newer pics quality is worst because you have reduced the pic resolution.

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So here we go

Day pics both at 2560 * 1440 resolution (pic from the capture button in web gui of the camera )
Rain 10mn before so ground is bit darker

DS-2CD3345-I
WDR ON 50%

DS-2CD3345-I
WDR ON 50%

Attachments

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The WDR effect is enhancing the picture brigthness uniformly. However when the WDR is ON do you notice any ghosting on any motion across the camera (not towards or away fro th camera)?
No, no ghosting or artefact, i've check with a record when i walk behind the car , also towards or away from the camera

I have a feeling that the shots at full resolution illhve more noise (grain) both in day and night.
Yes it is, grain is quite visible on live view and recording at full resolution, not on pic shoot

So can you capture day and night shots at full resolution wiht both cameras (2332 and 3345)?
For the 3345 it's already done (but the pic post is half resolution for forum)
For the 2332, i must to remove the 3345 to replace it and waiting for the night :)

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you a lot @Frankosor for the pics... the quality is very good. If you can, please upload photos to a Dropbox folder and share a link to forums. That way you can use the full images from camera, and there is no need to resize pics. Thank you very much :)

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@olli, sorry but i'm quit "allergic to cloud solutions" :sick:, i've upload pics at full res now on post.

Here is pic from daytime (but sun goes down now) from 2332 at almost exactly same position
at 3MP resolution 2048 * 1536 WDR ON 50% WDR OFF

The image seems wider because you may see the chunk of wood on left down side of the pic, and this not
appeared on 4Mp pics

Night shots coming

DS-2CD2332-I
3MP WDR ON 50%

DS-2CD2332-I
3MP WDR OFF

Attachments