video freezes for a second at every 7-10 seconds?

hinzinho

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to BI. I am replacing a Q-See NVR that has failed (this is my 2nd unit from Q-See and both experienced the same issue). I have the following setup:

3 cameras : - Q-See QCN8004B 1080p bullet IP camera
1 PTZ camera: - Q-See QCN8035Z - PTZ camera (this one is not online yet as I need to get a new PoE switch)
computer with Blue Iris: A Lenovo T410 laptop. Running Windows 7 32bit, i5 CPU, 3GB of RAM and 500GB 7200RPM hard drive. I don't remember what type of video card is in this laptop.

My problem is that the recording/live viewing is jerky. It pauses for a second at 7-10 seconds. At first I thought it was the load on the hard drive, so I tested it with only 1 camera and it does the same. Also I have to lower my motion sensitivity down toward more (move to the left of the slider), in order for BI to record. The default setting didn't pick up movement unless the person is right in the middle of the screen.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to BI. I am replacing a Q-See NVR that has failed (this is my 2nd unit from Q-See and both experienced the same issue). I have the following setup:

3 cameras : - Q-See QCN8004B 1080p bullet IP camera
1 PTZ camera: - Q-See QCN8035Z - PTZ camera (this one is not online yet as I need to get a new PoE switch)
computer with Blue Iris: A Lenovo T410 laptop. Running Windows 7 32bit, i5 CPU, 3GB of RAM and 500GB 7200RPM hard drive. I don't remember what type of video card is in this laptop.

My problem is that the recording/live viewing is jerky. It pauses for a second at 7-10 seconds. At first I thought it was the load on the hard drive, so I tested it with only 1 camera and it does the same. Also I have to lower my motion sensitivity down toward more (move to the left of the slider), in order for BI to record. The default setting didn't pick up movement unless the person is right in the middle of the screen.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
see this post BlueIris 7 Second Freezes in Recordings

Gaggi

n3wb
Reaction score
How much is load on the CPU. Mu live view is few seconds delayed and it might be that your laptop is not able to cope up with the stream.
Try decreasing resolution and FPS of the camera. Record direct to disc and remove any watermarks by BI and use the ones by camera directly.