Video hesitation

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
A few days ago I started to see some kind of video hesitation on the front cameras in my house, I check the connections on the IP switch and also replaced the IP switch and same problem, restarted my router and computer and same problem.
Please take a look at this clip and let me know where the problem could be.
Regards,
Chewie

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You might be maxing out your throughput bandwidth. Are you on a NVR? If so check your incoming bandwidth

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model NVR ?
How many cameras ?
What model cameras on the nvr, what resolution, what frame rate,what iframe.
Are all cameras on the POE of the NVR or are the cameras connected to the main network?
If on the main network does the camera traffic flow through the router ?

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
I do not have an NVR, they are all connected to my IP switches going to the router, I have 6 cameras in the front of the house and 4 in my back yard 2 IP switches, I disconnected the switch in the back yard and see if the front cameras work better.
Never have this problem before, I wonder if my internet provided changed something's.
I will let you know.
Regards.
Chewie

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the screen shot above live or from a recording ? If from a recording what are you using to recording.

All local video traffic should NOT pass through the router unless it is going to go to the internet.
I am assuming that all cameras are hard wired.

Is this happening on all cameras or just one camera ? What is the Frame rate and Iframe value on the camera? What is the make and model of the camera.

Last edited:

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well disconnecting the back yard cameras did not correct the problem, I started to get everything off the network including TV, phones, I PAD, I reconnected everything back and the problem was corrected, weird.
Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Chewie