VideoTeknia NVR not accessible in web browser

abuadal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have VideoTeknika 8064 Pro NVR. I could access through the browser and once day I decided to upgrade the firmware. I took the firmware from the VideoTeknia guy and updated the firmware. But since then, I am unable to access it through the browser. I can access through the iVMS 4200 application and it is working fine and recording everything but the only problem is that I cannot access it through the browser as I used to access earlier. Can anyone guide me on this ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Using the NVR's mouse and attached monitor, check the NVR's network settings to insure that the NVR's LAN setting is on the same subnet as the PC's LAN Ethernet card.

In other words, if the PC's LAN IP is 192.168.1.XXX, then the NVR must also be on the same 192.168.1.XXX subnet but a different, unique IP address in order for the PC's browser to bring up the NVR's webGUI.

I would assign the NVR a unque static IP that is outside of your router's DHCP pool for the LAN but on the same subnet as the PC.

abuadal

n3wb
Reaction score
Using the NVR's mouse and attached monitor, check the NVR's network settings to ensure that the NVR's LAN setting is on the same subnet as the PC's LAN Ethernet card.

In other words, if the PC's LAN IP is 192.168.1.XXX, then the NVR must also be on the same 192.168.1.XXX subnet but a different, unique IP address in order for the PC's browser to bring up the NVR's webGUI.

I would assign the NVR a unique static IP that is outside of your router's DHCP pool for the LAN but on the same subnet as the PC.
Yes dear, it is already connected on the same network and same subnet. That's why I am able to access through iVMS but the only problem is that I can't access directly from browser, which I used to access normally before upgrading firmware.

abuadal

n3wb
Reaction score
So I guess "the VideoTeknia guy" is of no help?
Yes. In fact he ruined my previous setup, and I was able to browse through the web browser. But now I can't. Will be grateful if somebody can help me to be able to browse using web browser again.