View through a window

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not ideal I know but I'm looking for a temporary camera that can capture a view through a double-glazed panel looking out onto a driveway. It's something of a blind spot from the property frontage and I will find a more permanent solution eventually. Likely it will need to be a WiFi device on this occasion. It might be possible to fit a battery operated infra/LED light above the window outside. Any suggestions or recommendations for a camera as discreet as possible with as sharp an image as possible? The video stream would go into Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it need to look pretty or will it be hidden behind a shade?

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It will be hidden to some extent behind a Venetian blind. It does not have to be very pretty but compact. Chances are it would be in service longer than I would like or hope for but...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It will be hidden to some extent behind a Venetian blind. It does not have to be very pretty but compact. Chances are it would be in service longer than I would like or hope for but...
my suggestion would be to buy a starlight turret and a wifi bridge...then you can repurpose the turret later outside...if you own this home the best solution would be to spend the 100 dollars now and have someone run the ethernet to the desired location...
of you want a cheap solution consider the annke hikvision rebranded cube camera for 50 dollars - see thread. remember you will have to disable the ir in the camera settings.

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, the turret will be a little bulky to put up against against the window. Otherwise a good suggestion. I’ll read up on the cube and figure out if it will work as I can also repurpose that too.

wdrjack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the 3mp Hikvision cube temporary installed at my front door until I had a permanent solution.
Just finished my turret install yesterday and now decided to keep it permanent (better facial ID with people wearing hat).

I have no issues except of slight reflection from window at nighttime and IR light must not be on.

IMG_6555[1].JPG IMG_6556[1].JPG IMG_6559[1].JPG

Attachments