Viewing 4k Cameras

jsunjones

n3wb
Reaction score
Anybody having issues viewing 4K cameras on the Blue Iris IOS App? I can see the small version in multi-camera view, but not when I select it. Works fine via browser on my phone.

I am running the latest Blue Iris 5 Server

Tscherno

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought and setup Blue Iris including the iOS app and have excactly the same issue. I also tried to disable H265 but that makes no difference.

jsunjones

n3wb
Reaction score
I did fix this, but I can't remember exactly what it was. In your camera settings (not BlueIris config). Enable H.265, but disable H.265+. Specify max bitrate at 8192 and Set your Frame Rate and I-Frame Interval to 15. (If you have these options). See if that makes it work. This was based off a Hikvision camera

Tscherno

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried the settings (i have a Hikvision as well), but still no image. I mailed the support.

jsunjones

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I think I found the setting that fixed it - within BlueIris settings, Web Server tab, Advanced, Configure (on Encoder Profiles), Set "Limit bitrate" to 512

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't have a bit rate limit set at all, then Blue Iris can encode obscenely high bit rates that not all decoders can handle. This is especially true if you have increased the H.264 quality setting from its default of 50%. Blue Iris uses a different quality scale than most apps, where 50% is really high quality already. Lots of people don't realize this so they set the encoding quality to 90 or 100%, undermining any hope the encoder had of being efficient.