Viewing and Extracting a clip from Blue Iris

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I am viewing a camera recording in BI Viewer, how do I turn on the crop marks so that I can export a clip?

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. I know what they are. Sometimes they are not present. How do I make them visible? When they are not present, "Set Start Frame" and "Set End Frame" are grey in the right click menu. "Convert/Export" is greyed out too.

I'll spend time finding the clip I want and then it's random whether I can set the start/end and export.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes they are not present. How do I make them visible? When they are not present, "Set Start Frame" and "Set End Frame" are grey in the right click menu. "Convert/Export" is greyed out too.
Strange....
BI version?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. I know what they are. Sometimes they are not present. How do I make them visible? When they are not present, "Set Start Frame" and "Set End Frame" are grey in the right click menu. "Convert/Export" is greyed out too.

I'll spend time finding the clip I want and then it's random whether I can set the start/end and export.
maybe this will help. I've bookmarked his youtube channel. The vids are focused on BI4 as they havnt done BI5 yet but its not much different and might help.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
While playing back a clip you can also directly enter a specific date/time (see screenshot),
EDIT (5/22/2020): Forgot to mention how handy this is when using 'Test run video through motion detector' (this is much more precise/easier to use for this purpose than the slide ball, IMO).
1) Accelerate to the next or previous alert.
2) Click 'Pause"
3) Click the time tile (as shown in previous post).
4) Enter a time 3-5 seconds earlier than shown... to give the motion sensor time to “learn” the video before it can begin to actually discriminate motion.

1590173139342.jpeg

Last edited: