Viewing IVS recordings on mobile

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can view IVS rules on mobile? In iDMSS HD Lite on iPad I can only search for Regular, Alarm and Motion Detect recordings. Is this enabled in the Plus version?

Or, does anyone know how to get IVS rules to trigger alarm recordings so they are visible that way? I know the Plus version can do push notifications, but do these include IVS tripwires too? Was curious if anyone knew before I bought it just to try. Thanks in advance.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks DavidDavid

I ran across another post that seemed to imply that IVS rules were in the paid app last night but nothing quite as concrete as what you linked to. What is confusing to me (and I may just have to find out) is if IVS rules are searchable in "Playback" like they are on SmartPSS or if on the mobile apps they are only available as "Push Events" - which I can only assume (have not seen screenshots of this) are a list of items to click on over on a side menu.

I will have to get the app and try it out. The next question will be is if I set this up to be accessible away from home only if I connect to my VPN - will the push notifications "wait" until my app can see the NVR to get the events? Or will it just miss them since it was offline at the time of "push". Again, I will play around and see, but please chime in if you know.

While I am at it - and I know this is more of an NVR/SmartPSS question - is there any easier/better way to see IVS tripline events in SmartPSS just in a list somewhere to click and play without having to go to Playback, select the camera, set your search timeline (limited to 24 hours), deselect General recording (because I do 24/7 recording as well), and then hit search? If these "IVS Events" on the mobile app are like I am thinking I would love to find some area of SmartPSS where they just populate a list for me to go look at. Speaking of the current method I describe to play IVS events in SmartPSS now - I am embarrassed to admit how long it took me to figure out that the search results show up in the right hand side of the program in a window pane you have to "pop out" to see. MUCH more useful with that, even if it could be a bit easier. I just wanted to make sure to mention that here in case anyone else may not have found that.

dzimm27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well - to report back, the iDMSS Plus app does not give you the option to view IVS recording events in playback. It does have the option to configure IVS events for push notifications with either "Live Preview", "Video" or "Image" pushes. Unfortunately all of this fails due to the "Failed to subscribe" error that comes up when you try to activate the push notifications. Pretty disappointing that this takes the ability to view IVS events (or even know when they happened) from the app. Really should be an option in the Playback area like in SmartPSS and show with colored bars on the scroll bar when they occur. I will have to read into this issue further as to whether people are of the opinion it is an App version or a firmware version issue.

Kinchyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone sort out how to see ivs on mobile. i have where i get email with snapshot during ivs then vpn to home and load paid version of gDMSS. Have to line up timeframe on the 24x7 recording though, no yellow line

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
anyone sort out how to see ivs on mobile. i have where i get email with snapshot during ivs then vpn to home and load paid version of gDMSS. Have to line up timeframe on the 24x7 recording though, no yellow line
I confirm I have the same behavior:
- SmartPSS DOES show Orange blobs when searching on IVS only (or green + IVS when doing the combined search) - which proves that my schedule & storage settings are fine: I do 24/7 recording plus separate recordings for IVS rules
- iDMSS Plus does send me notifications, I do get the clips / live feed which works like a charm. However, when searching for IVS only, I get "no recordings have been found". What I then do (for quick & dirty find) is do a "search for all", and you can easily spot "dark lines" within the blue bar. Do not forget that pinching with fingers zooms in. So you can drag into a "lined" area, then you'll get to your IVS clips.

But substream playback is quite useless, except if you spot some deer like I did the other day. My preferred playback mechanism is through SmartPSS.

Hope this helps!
CC

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the case with version 3 of iDMSS? It has Smart recording, but it doesn't seem to work anywhere near like the Motion detect which has a nice highlighted area