Viewing Live Feed on Amazon Fire Tablet

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
For some time I've been viewing the feed from my NVR and an IP Camera (DS-2CD2342WD-I) on an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet. This was great using 'IP Cam Viewer' app until last week it stopped working. Coincidentally it was at the same time as Amazon updated the software on the Fire Tablet!

I've tried lots of different apps including the IVMS-4500 app which I both loaded from the apk file and also loaded from the Google Play store. Both load the app OK but as soon as they load the live feed the app quits.

All I'm after is a live feed on permeant display, happy using any app to do that.

The Amazon Fire is now on v 5.3.2.1 which can't at present be rooted - should have done that while I could!

Any ideas as to how to get a live feed on this tablet?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Doesn't the NVR have a web page you can watch the cameras through? If it's not lame and requires active x that might work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For some time I've been viewing the feed from my NVR and an IP Camera (DS-2CD2342WD-I) on an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet. This was great using 'IP Cam Viewer' app until last week it stopped working. Coincidentally it was at the same time as Amazon updated the software on the Fire Tablet!

I've tried lots of different apps including the IVMS-4500 app which I both loaded from the apk file and also loaded from the Google Play store. Both load the app OK but as soon as they load the live feed the app quits.

All I'm after is a live feed on permeant display, happy using any app to do that.

The Amazon Fire is now on v 5.3.2.1 which can't at present be rooted - should have done that while I could!

Any ideas as to how to get a live feed on this tablet?
try tiny cam pro...the developer @alexvas is a member here and its an excellent app

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

To access the feed in a browser needs a plugin which unfortunately won't work on a tablet.

I will try tiny cam pro and see if it works. Thanks

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried using TinyCam Free and can't get a live feed to work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried using TinyCam Free and can't get a live feed to work.
You are setting it up incorrectly check your settings and ports lots of folks here using it for the exact same purpose

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman I've tried every possible combination of settings that I can think of and it still doesn't work.

TinyCam doesn't have my specific Hikvision camera listed, can anyone let me know what the settings should be to get it working?

Are others using TinyCam on the Amazon Fire with the latest version of software 5.3.2.1? The reason I ask is that all was working OK using the 'IP Cam Viewer' app until the Fire tablet automatically updated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman I've tried every possible combination of settings that I can think of and it still doesn't work.

TinyCam doesn't have my specific Hikvision camera listed, can anyone let me know what the settings should be to get it working?

Are others using TinyCam on the Amazon Fire with the latest version of software 5.3.2.1? The reason I ask is that all was working OK using the 'IP Cam Viewer' app until the Fire tablet automatically updated.
What port did you use

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried setting up as a different Hikvision camer as mine isn't listed. I've set the port to 8000 as that's what it's set to in the iVMS-4500-4500 app I use an an iPad which works OK. The check Camer Status says OK but 0fps displayed/received and data rate 0KB/Sec I get a message saying Video failed (recvfrom failed: ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer))

Also tried setting as a generic camera but can't see where to set the port.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried setting up as a different Hikvision camer as mine isn't listed. I've set the port to 8000 as that's what it's set to in the iVMS-4500-4500 app I use an an iPad which works OK. The check Camer Status says OK but 0fps displayed/received and data rate 0KB/Sec I get a message saying Video failed (recvfrom failed: ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer))

Also tried setting as a generic camera but can't see where to set the port.
You are using the wrong port..8000 is ONLY for hikvision ivms..you need to use rtsp..usually its set to 554

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
There are two port numbers in the setup of tinycam Web port number and RSTP port number. RSTP port number was already set to 554 (the default).

Dependant on the web port setting I get an error:
Video failed (recvfrom failed: ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer))
or
Video failed (Timeout, check hostname and port number)

Under the configuration of both my DVR (HikvisionDS-7604NI-E1) and the camera I have the following set:
HTTP Port: 80
RSTP Port: 554
HTTPS Port: 443
Server Port: 8000

I also have Enable Virtual Host enabled which means the direct URL of the camera is : http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:65001

I have tried every combination of IP, port and protocol settings that I can think of and the result is always the same - 0fps and 0data.

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When setting up your cam in TinyCam Pro, I think you should try this:

Go to the setup page.
Set everything correct as it should be.
At the bottom of the page go to 'Advanced settings'.
Change the channel to "2". (it's set on "1" by default, which uses the main cam stream. You may want to use the sub stream, channel "2".)

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
When setting up your cam in TinyCam Pro, I think you should try this:

Go to the setup page.
Set everything correct as it should be.
At the bottom of the page go to 'Advanced settings'.
Change the channel to "2". (it's set on "1" by default, which uses the main cam stream. You may want to use the sub stream, channel "2".)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm still getting 0fps and 0data.

Kroegtijgertje

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your settings in TinyCam Pro should be:

Host/IP-adres
192.xxx.xxx.xxx (without any port numbers)

Web Port

Protocol
RTSP over TCP (MPEG/H264/H265)

Port RTSP

Username and password that you set up for your cam

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
Your settings in TinyCam Pro should be:

Host/IP-adres
192.xxx.xxx.xxx (without any port numbers)

Web Port

Protocol
RTSP over TCP (MPEG/H264/H265)

Port RTSP

Username and password that you set up for your cam
Unfortunately these settings don't result in a live feed. I still get 0fps and 0data with the error Video failed (Timeout, check hostname and port number)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately these settings don't result in a live feed. I still get 0fps and 0data with the error Video failed (Timeout, check hostname and port number)
you are obviously doing something wrong..you will have to post screenshots of all your settings in tinycam and well as network settings from your nvr.

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
you are obviously doing something wrong..you will have to post screenshots of all your settings in tinycam and well as network settings from your nvr.
Thanks for continuing to try to resolve this. Here are screenshots of my Hikvision DVR network settings and of the camera settings on TinyCam.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for continuing to try to resolve this. Here are screenshots of my Hikvision DVR network settings and of the camera settings on TinyCam.
you dont need to redact local ip address (192...)..there is nothing anyone can do with them, they are local to your network. We need to see them to make sure you entered the correct info.

SandyM

n3wb
Reaction score
you dont need to redact local ip address (192...)..there is nothing anyone can do with them, they are local to your network. We need to see them to make sure you entered the correct info.
I'm always nervous of posting anything that could be used to compromise my network!
Screen shots now without redaction

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
use the hikvision dvr/nvr options not the 2032 camera model..you are pulling from the nvr not the camera.