Viewing motion events when recording continuously (Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2)

Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 NVR and am having some difficulty figuring out how to get a list of motion events on a channel which is set to record continuously.

The NVR firmware is V4.21.008 build 190625

I have set the arming schedule for motion detection via Event > Basic Event > Enable Motion Detection. and set the continuous operation via Storage > Schedule Settings, however on playing back in the web interface, I only get a continuous blue line on playback with no clear way to search through any motion events.

I have also tested using IVMS 4200 software and tried running a search for motion events, and nothing is returned.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? Can anyone help me with this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The playback needs to be in single camera view, playing, then the 'swizzler' at the bottom left dropped down to select 'motion'.
That should work.

Yotta

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue on a new DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P with Firmware V4.1.64 build 190119. I received three "Motion Detected" notifications - at 8:55 AM, 9:03 AM and 9:04 AM - yet there is no indication on the timeline of any events, only the continuous recording displayed in blue on the timeline.
What/where is the "swizzler at the bottom left dropped down to select 'motion' " mentioned in the post above? Here is a partial screen capture of my display using Internet Explorer web access of the NVR.

upload_2019-9-27_10-36-32.png

Dakotatech

n3wb
Reaction score
C
Thank you!!!
Can you post a pic of the icon? I tried this setup and couldn't get it to work. I was able to set continuous record from a camera to my NAS and motion record from the NVR which also works but I'm curious how to make it work in just the NVR.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That has never worked for me for line crossing or intrusion. I can only view them directly on the NVR, even in IE on one camera view and the proper "swizzler" setting. Lots of people report the same thing, so I'm curious how you've gotten it to work.