Viewing on a smart tv

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I's there a easy way to view cameras connected to a blue iris computer on a smart tv? Thanks

SamSpade

n3wb
Reaction score
I assume the TV has and HDMI input. Does your PC have and HDMI out? Get a HDMI cable, connect TV to PC via HDMI -----> viola... Blue Iris on your TV.

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I assume the TV has and HDMI input. Does your PC have and HDMI out? Get a HDMI cable, connect TV to PC via HDMI -----> viola... Blue Iris on your TV.
OK that make sense, bur what do you do if computer is not close to the tv. I was wondering of there was a app or any other way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK that make sense, bur what do you do if computer is not close to the tv. I was wondering of there was a app or any other way.
You can use an amazon fire stick or any android hdmi device with the blue iris app or tinycam pro...however, the most stable way to do it is to use hdmi over ethernet....there are many threads discussing this.

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can use an amazon fire stick or any android hdmi device with the blue iris app or tinycam pro...however, the most stable way to do it is to use hdmi over ethernet....there are many threads discussing this.
OK great, I will look into this.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm also curious what the performance is of HDMI over Ethernet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
would using the browser on the smart tv and login on the webserver work?

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried it on my Samsung, and was not able to download and install the plug-in needed. I believe the Samy uses Google Chrome as the browser. Don't quote me on that.
ah ok.. did not think it was that easy...lol

I have a Samsung Tv too but haven't tried it though.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
would using the browser on the smart tv and login on the webserver work?
Yes, it works on my LG smart tv. I needed to under webserver, authentication, choose non lan only. The browser won't let me enter in a username/password.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use a hdmi cable from my BI server to a 65 inch tv. It's awsome. Also makes a nice monitor.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Tried to open BI on my livingroom TV for giggles, it just searches google, lame, not that I want or need to be able to do that, but I don't really get why it wouldn't go to the page when I know my TV can hit the BI systems IP.