Virus warning on the NVR

CountZero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua NVR-4108P and its been working well plugged directly into a monitor. I hit the IP address today through a browser to see if I could get things set up to access it via my VPN tunnel and I'm running into problems. When I first hit the page, its asking me to install the plugins. I download "webplugin.exe" from the NVR and go to run it to install into the browser, and my anti-virus freaks out. Triggers warnings and blocks the install, then quarantines the installer. Its claiming that the file is infected with "Gen:Variant.Application.Graftor.161619" and it will not install.

Has anyone else seen this? And is there somewhere I could download the plugins from to check another copy? I checked the Dahua site and could not locate the web plugin.

Just looking for options here. Aside from being a little annoyed that i'm locked into using Internet Explorer to access the NVR, I'd actually like to be able to access it via my internal network.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a false positive...you can temporally disable you antivirus and download the file..you can upload it to virus total if you want to be sure.
Using IE has no bearing on whether you can access the NVR from your internal network..it would be exactly the same as accessing it externally, except with a different IP address.

CountZero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the alarm. I did a secondary scan and actually did get a hit on that file, so I disinfected, and managed to pull a clean version from one of the cameras, so I'm up and working now. :)

I totally understand that I can access the NVR from inside or outside the network. I'm annoyed that they require IE to do it. I prefer other browsers to IE, sadly the plugins that they require for display don't seem to work in other browsers.