Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone using vivotek cameras?

Heres our anpr
edge anpr

Jetracer1

n3wb
Reaction score
@richardgohth Yes. I have 18 Vivotek cameras using VAST 2 and Blue Iris on one box. Most are going on six years old, and I want to start to replace them slowly. I did buy a Dahua model from Andy earlier this year and was very impressed with it. I actually thought about purchasing this camera as I want to expand the camera system as well. How well do you like it? Does it function well? Are you using a third-party ANPR plug-in on it? I am curious to see the nighttime image on this camera.

I am very, very reluctant to leave the Vivotek ecosystem as the durability of these IP cameras have been astonishing given the harsh environment that they are in. I use these cameras mostly outdoor on a large farm, and they take a beating often from mother nature. We see frequent severe weather with lightning, hail, and wind. I've had to replace a few switches over the years due to static discharge from bad weather, but the camera(s) survived the hit. I use Ubiquiti gear for my backhaul between buildings, and I have been equally impressed with their resilience.

In my latest project, I have been working on a license plate capture system for the state highway adjacent to my property. I have recently trenched electric to my choke point, installed LED lighting, and last week completed installing the Ubiquiti radio uplink and accompanying enclosure box that houses the POE switch. I would love to hear your feedback on this camera because I am on the fence whether to start to transition to a new vendor's ecosystem or reinvest.

richardgohth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@richardgohth Yes. I have 18 Vivotek cameras using VAST 2 and Blue Iris on one box. Most are going on six years old, and I want to start to replace them slowly. I did buy a Dahua model from Andy earlier this year and was very impressed with it. I actually thought about purchasing this camera as I want to expand the camera system as well.

How well do you like it?
I am using IP9165 from vivotek. The camera is good. Latest sony sensor.
Does it function well? Are you using a third-party ANPR plug-in on it?
We are using our own vadp anpr :) It runs in the camera.
Very low cost, please pm me directly regarding this.

I am curious to see the nighttime image on this camera.
Night time image is good. Good wdr based on DOL-HDR.

I am very, very reluctant to leave the Vivotek ecosystem as the durability of these IP cameras have been astonishing given the harsh environment that they are in. I use these cameras mostly outdoor on a large farm, and they take a beating often from mother nature. We see frequent severe weather with lightning, hail, and wind. I've had to replace a few switches over the years due to static discharge from bad weather, but the camera(s) survived the hit. I use Ubiquiti gear for my backhaul between buildings, and I have been equally impressed with their resilience.

In my latest project, I have been working on a license plate capture system for the state highway adjacent to my property. I have recently trenched electric to my choke point, installed LED lighting, and last week completed installing the Ubiquiti radio uplink and accompanying enclosure box that houses the POE switch. I would love to hear your feedback on this camera because I am on the fence whether to start to transition to a new vendor's ecosystem or reinvest.
As you mentioned Vivotek are durable. Replacing cameras a pain.
HikVision & Dahua not known for durability.
We dont use them unless customer insists and makes an informed decision.

Last edited: