VPN for remote view

jtr8151

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an L2TP/IPSec PSK set up on my home network to an Ubiquiti Gateway. I use a dynamic IP service to connect to my VPN. I have zero issues with my Android phone connecting to my network, viewing local resources, etc. I have the same set up on my Mac, and am able to connect successfully without issue. However I am unable to access any devices with in my network. I have tried checking the "pass all traffic through VPN" without success. Please help! I am also using the stock VPN app on both my Android and my Mac. TIA!

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have the vpn clients on a different subnet to the camera?

I do and have a similar issue. Though I’m blocking my nvr from the internet....but it blocks me from accessing it from vpn as well.

jtr8151

n3wb
Reaction score
VPN is set to 192.168.1.xxx and the rest of my devices are on 192.168.0.xxx. I have the appropriate rules in place to allow the vpn to connect to the 192.168.0.xxx devices. I can access my NVR and every other device from my Android when connected to the vpn but cannot see any devices on my Mac when connected to the vpn. Because of that, I am not sure that it is a VPN issue and might be more of a Mac issue .But I'm open to suggestions! Thanks

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’d be curious to see your unifi rules. I assume you have a USG? Even if you post me directly to not clutter your thread.