VPN Issue only after VPN server restarts

Reaction score
I've been trying to get help through the OpenVPN forum but the only answer I've received so far is:
"Do not restart your computer or google will get deleted !"

Which doesn't make sense to me. So I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction.

It took me awhile but I was able to get OpenVPN to run on a dedicated Windows 10 machine and routing all client traffic through the VPN. I have the push "redirect-gateway def1" in my setup file, I enabled IP forwarding by starting the routing and remote access services, sharing the LAN connection, and editing the registry for IPEnableRouter. Finally, I followed these instructions to get OpenVPN to behave with the windows firewall:
How to Make OpenVPN work with the Windows 7 Firewall | Ask The Oracle

Everything works fine when I connect from my Samsung S4 via mobile data and I can access everything on my local network.

However, when my server is shutdown or restarted everything goes to hell. Once my server restarts I have to go into my network connections, disable sharing on my Local Area Connection hit okay. Then re-enable sharing and hit ok. I don't know why, but this automatically changes the TAP adapter to use a 192.168.137.x address and 255.255.255.0 subnet mask in the "internet protocol version 4 (tcp/ipv4)" settings. I have to change it back to a 10.8.0.x address and 255.255.255.252 subnet mask and then everything works fine until I restart my computer and have to go through the process again.