Vstarcam C7824WIP problem with "Eye4" app for android.

gigian

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a Vstarcam C7824WIP IP camera today.

I am trying to connect the camera to my android phone via the Eye4 Android app, provided by Vstarcam but i get nothing.
All 3 ways of connection mentioned in the manual (Quick Setup / Search camera in the LAN / Manually ad the camera) via he Eye4 seem to connect to the camera but the camera always shows OFFLINE in the app.

At the same time i get the OFFLINE message form the camera via the Eye4 app on my mobile phone, it is funny that i can access the camera using its local IP and (admin/888888) via my laptop PC, and also view and work the camera PTZ via TinyCam Pro Android application.

Because i cant use the app i cant view the recorder videos on the camera.
Can you PLEASE HELP to sort this.

Cattlecam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello gigian.

I am also new to this forum. I don't use my system for security. I use it to determine the status of a farm from 35 miles away. I have 2 MVPower IP cams that appear to be rebranded Vstarcam C78xx series. I also use TinyCam for access to them with the Vstarcam driver running on a 12.2 inch refurbished Samsung Android tablet. The camera came with no software but had a web url in the small inadequate setup instructions. The name of the application was "EyeCloud" and was not on the Android authorized play site. Strangely, the eyecloud view res is low, perhaps 640, while the microSD recording on the camera is 720p when played back. Eyecloud appears to use a P2P connection and invites a number of Chinese servers into the application, so, except for the sonic setup, I don't use it. You could download the eyecloud app and try it, but I have reservations about why there is more that one server facilitating a P2P connection. A few thousand cameras sending images to China could be very useful for a government.

sweup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

For me the Eyecloud app is working both on wifi and 3G. On Tinycam it's only working with wifi, not 3G. I open port 10554 on my router. Do you know if it's the correct port? Is there any other settings you adjusted in Tinycam to make it work?

Cattlecam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys

For me the Eyecloud app is working both on wifi and 3G. On Tinycam it's only working with wifi, not 3G. I open port 10554 on my router. Do you know if it's the correct port? Is there any other settings you adjusted in Tinycam to make it work?
Sorry to be so long getting back, it's spring work on the farm and I've even ignored email.

To access the Vstarcam from your phone, you'll need to set up port forwarding on your router. Going over 3G you have WAN access through your ISP instead of direct LAN access through your house router. Look at the settings in your camera with eyecloud and find out what port was assigned in the 81-88 range. Don't waste your time trying to make the 10554 port work. One of the ports I use is 85, so I configured my local router to forward port 85. In TinyCam I use the address assigned to my router by the ISP for the IP address and the forwarding port number. Then TinyCam sends the requests to [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:85 where the x's represent the IP address of the router that was assigned by the ISP.

If the forwarding is set right, you should be able to turn off the phone's wifi (cellular data must be on) and in Chrome put the [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:85 directly in as the URL, hit return and the camera will respond with a logon challenge. I went all the way back to 2G speeds and it still works, but too slow to be useful. If this works, just use this IP address and port in your phone's TinyCam setup and it should work on 3G. You should be able to see the camera from anywhere with phone service.

Caveat
As long as your ISP doesn't change the assigned IP for your router it will work consistently. If it is periodically changed, then the router will need access to a dynamic name server where it can tell the server what the new IP is when your ISP changes it. In place of using the router IP address in TinyCam, you use the name URL.

Article on DNS settup - http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-up-a-cheap-home-security-system-using-dynamic-dns/

Johnny1936

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I recently purchased a C7824WIP camera and installed Eye4 on my Android P9 lite smartphone. At first it worked properly and then it would not connect at all.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the software it keeps searching retaining the previous configuration my question is there a way to solve this since apparently I can't modify any parameters.
Thanks for any advice

db77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm french so sorry for my bad english.
I have 7 camera at home, 2 Tenvis, 2 TP-Link, 3 Foscam, each camera has portforwarding and I can see all when I'm not at home with TinyCam or IP Cam Viewer.
One of my Tenvis has stop working and I buy a VstarCam C7824WIP, but I can't do nothing... only works with Eye4.
In TinyCam, I have try many port and I can see "Ok" (state) at top of the configuration but no picture...
I don't know what user and password I have to set. I try admin, root, with 888888, 123456, but nothing change. Where can I found them ?
I try port 80, 81, 82 without the "Ok" at top and with "10554" the "Ok" appears at top (state) but nothing.
I have opened port 10554 in my router, but nothing.
I am disapointed...
What can I do ?
Thanks in advance for help.

db77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm french so sorry for my bad english.
I have 7 camera at home, 2 Tenvis, 2 TP-Link, 3 Foscam, each camera has portforwarding and I can see all when I'm not at home with TinyCam or IP Cam Viewer.
One of my Tenvis has stop working and I buy a VstarCam C7824WIP, but I can't do nothing... only works with Eye4.
In TinyCam, I have try many port and I can see "Ok" (state) at top of the configuration but no picture...
I don't know what user and password I have to set. I try admin, root, with 888888, 123456, but nothing change. Where can I found them ?
I try port 80, 81, 82 without the "Ok" at top and with "10554" the "Ok" appears at top (state) but nothing.
I have opened port 10554 in my router, but nothing.
I am disapointed...
What can I do ?
Thanks in advance for help.
Hello, problem solved.
I search "eyecloud" and I find 'IP Camera Finder" !!!
Then I install this soft and it find my VStarCam with the port used by the cam.
So I can set my cam in TinyCam and IP Cam Viewer
YEAH !!!

db77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
My first VStarCam C7824WIP works fine since june 2023 and I bought another C7824WIP but this time, it doesn't work like the first one...
I explain :
with the soft "IP Camera Finder" I have 2 lines (Mode/Name/IP/Port) :
C - WIFICAM - 192.168.1.243 - 17943
C - WIFICAM - 192.168.1.244 - 15403
I select the first line and it display a link "" who works fine in my browser (it is my first camera june 2023)
I select the second line and it display the link "" who doesn't works in my browser, it seems that the http doesn't works with this second camera.
I look in the software "Eyes4" on my Android phone and I note some difference between the two firmwares.
The firmware is 48.53.168.8 for the first one, and 10.194.167.54 for the new one.
The two firmwares are updated and are the latest version.

I write to the support Vstarcam without any answer, so I come here for help.
Have you any idea ?
Thanks

Last edited: