Vto and electric lock problem

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I face this problem and i need some help.
I install a dahua vto to a house cable weeks ago. The system worked perfect.
My connection was with transforner ac-ac. Cable from the transformer to electrick lock. Cable from transformer to COM on the VTO and from VTO to electrick lock via NO.
The problem is that the client tell me that when yesterday had a power failure when the power restored the door was unlock that time not with power failure but when it is back on.

Anyone can help?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Insure that your unit's electrical specification label is rated for the "transforner ac-ac" that you are using.

FWIW, all Dahua the VTO documents I see depict only DC power for door locks of all types.

They also show separate DC power supplies; one for the VTO and one for the door lock, although I would think if the voltage requirements for the VTO and the lock are the same and as long as the power supply is rated to supply the maximum combined current to the VTO AND the lock then that would suffice.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Insure that your unit's electrical specification label is rated for the "transforner ac-ac" that you are using.

FWIW, all Dahua the VTO documents I see depict only DC power for door locks of all types.

They also show separate DC power supplies; one for the VTO and one for the door lock, although I would think if the voltage requirements for the VTO and the lock are the same and as long as the power supply is rated to supply the maximum combined current to the VTO AND the lock then that would suffice.
I think the relay from all dahua vtos is a dry contact. Also the most door locks in my country work with ac and not with dc. And another important think is that is the only client complain about this. Why the relay of the vto allows the current to pass? It is a NO lock

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score

My VTO2211 has a 12v output as well as the NO/NC and COM output specifically for the electric lock.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use separate power supply for the elecrric door. I dont use the output of the vto's

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
24V AC is not that uncommon for door strike/lock. OP, is your separate power supply AC? Also, what model door lock are you using?

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
24V AC is not that uncommon for door strike/lock. OP, is your separate power supply AC? Also, what model door lock are you using?
The power supply was already install from before. The client want to change the old doorphone with vto and vth so i didnt replace the power suplly. Yes it is 12vac power supply. I dont know the model of the door lock