VTO2301R-P doorbell

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got the new VTO2301R-P doorbell from Andy.... and I've tried looking at the online manual but am still having problems. Im hoping some of the old pros on here can help me out again...
So I hooked it up via Ethernet and plugged it into the same router as all my ip cams. Logged in via web interface and set static ip 192.168.1.112 and I was able to add it to Blue Iris ok. Problem is the DMSS app. If I try to add the doorbell when Im not connected to wifi it wont find it. If I connect my phone to wifi it finds it but says its local only and not account(two options listed...local or account.)

I was able to add the doorbell while phone is connected to wifi but I am unable to get the doorbell to contact my phone when I hit the button. I am able to hit the speak button on the app and talk to the doorbell. I am also running the pc and phone with zerotier vpn running. That was the only way I could use the mobile Blue Iris. So I figured if I can connect to the ip cams I should be able to connect to the doorbell too, but it wont when Im not connected to home wifi.

I know I must be missing something somewhere but have no clue as to what....TIA for any help....

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Fast way is to access to the VTO via ip address on the browser, and scan the S/N QR code, then p2p can work.

Last edited:

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fast way is to access to the VTO via ip address on the browser, and scan the S/N QR code, then p2p can work.
I did that ...via browser and it activated and can see it in BI..problem is DMSS app... only way I can connect to it is if I am connected to my home wifi....and even then I cant seem to get the doorbell to call my phone when I hit the button

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I bit off more than I can chew with this doorbell cam. I didnt realize how complicated it was going to be. Way more complicated then setting up a regular ip cam. I downloaded the manual but its really generic and not actually model specific and there are so many settings I cant figure out what needs to be setup and what doesnt and how to set it up correctly. I've managed to lock myself out at least three times now after changing settings listed in the manual and had to hard reset to get back in again. No matter what I do I cant seem to get the dmss app to work correctly. I can activate it via web login. Add it to Blue Iris. Added it to DMSS app, but I can only access it while connected to home wifi. If I use cellular it fails to load. And I cant figure out how to get it to call my phone when I press the doorbell button. That maybe because I havent set it up correctly though... at this point its an expensive door stop and I may end up trying to sell it.....

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think I bit off more than I can chew with this doorbell cam. I didnt realize how complicated it was going to be. Way more complicated then setting up a regular ip cam. I downloaded the manual but its really generic and not actually model specific and there are so many settings I cant figure out what needs to be setup and what doesnt and how to set it up correctly. I've managed to lock myself out at least three times now after changing settings listed in the manual and had to hard reset to get back in again. No matter what I do I cant seem to get the dmss app to work correctly. I can activate it via web login. Add it to Blue Iris. Added it to DMSS app, but I can only access it while connected to home wifi. If I use cellular it fails to load. And I cant figure out how to get it to call my phone when I press the doorbell button. That maybe because I havent set it up correctly though... at this point its an expensive door stop and I may end up trying to sell it.....
The VTO intercoms are targeted at a more commercial audience. They are often paired with indoor intercom stations like in an apartment building. Adoption of Dahua intercoms in the USA is fairly limited.
Dahua does make some consumer targeted doorbells, but they're still going to have a steeper learning curve than something like ring or eufy.

If you use something like ZeroTier (there are other similar options) to tunnel into your home network you should be able view the camera or blueiris remotely.

It sounds like you'll need to change some of the SIP settings to get calls from the VTO. Skimming the manual, it should be able to act as a sip server but it may work more reliably for you to use some other SIP provider (one that supports video) like onsip, linphone, sip2sip, or antisip. You could also host your own on AWS or similar.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The VTO intercoms are targeted at a more commercial audience. They are often paired with indoor intercom stations like in an apartment building. Adoption of Dahua intercoms in the USA is fairly limited.
Dahua does make some consumer targeted doorbells, but they're still going to have a steeper learning curve than something like ring or eufy.

If you use something like ZeroTier (there are other similar options) to tunnel into your home network you should be able view the camera or blueiris remotely.

It sounds like you'll need to change some of the SIP settings to get calls from the VTO. Skimming the manual, it should be able to act as a sip server but it may work more reliably for you to use some other SIP provider (one that supports video) like onsip, linphone, sip2sip, or antisip. You could also host your own on AWS or similar.
yes I do use ZeroTier... had to use a video online to figure out how to set that up lol. I think that may be part of the issue as well... that I need to use a different ip address in dmss to actually access the doorbell outside my home network but not sure what to change it to instead of the 192.168.1.xxx address assigned to it...

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY or anyone else... Ive literally been searching online all day trying to find a way to get this doorbell working so I can use the DMSS app to receive calls from the doorbell and access the doorbell outside my wifi network with no luck. Do you have any other suggestions? Wife is gonna kill me for "wasting" money on doorbell cam that I dont know how to get working... only thing I can figure is it is some networking settings since Im on zerotier vpn... after adding doorbell via the web interface and enabling Cloud service for remote access it says offline...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's somewhat easier to make the VTO cameras work with the indoor intercom stations.
If you set up SIP correctly you should be able to get calls from the intercom. You wouldn't even technically have to use the DMSS app.

There are other threads on dahua's intercom systems, not your exact model but the basics of how to make it work are similar.

If you want to access other devices on your network via zero tier you'll need to change some settings Route between ZeroTier and Physical Networks - ZeroTier Knowledge Base - Confluence

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You can ad as P2P under the camera section or in the door tab at the top,You need to make sure the push notifications are on in the app.
for the VTO it is in the gear / cog top right,not like cameras where it is in the device details from the home screen.

1650073658818.png

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY here's screen shots of DMSS.. I have push notification enabled... and I can bring up the live feed... and I can even hit the talk button to speak on the doorbell from DMSS app, but it doesnt receive calls from doorbell. But I notice the Cloud update shows failed to load as well. All of this is only while connected to home wifi. If I disconnect from wifi... DMSS will not connect to camera at all..

Attachments

Last edited:

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wife is gonna kill me for "wasting" money on doorbell cam that I dont know how to get working...
Its goanna get old soon but I can't help myself... @Flintstone61 has good advice if you need to buy some time...

Hire a friend to come to your house and door check your cars, and back doors and look in a couple windows LOL...
Especially where you want the New Camera. :rofl:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
That horsepower of a boiler is supposed to be logged once a day, unless you have remote monitoring.
I call that remote monitoring. for Sat & Sundays.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oil or natural gas or both and turn valves to use the cheapest?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
NAT. with Oil hardware from factory, but no Oil tank that I know of, and no Fuses installed in the OIl pump circuits.
Yeah I'm 61 years old....seeing my 11 Year old neice run up and downstairs all day, lets me know how far of a trip its been :)

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
can't make head or tails with that picture... no detail on the gauge but you I'm sure know what you are looking at/for...

that's a no-hub connection?

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm 57 good thing for me you didn't take the bet... and you went way over my head, I'm just a guy that likes boilers since I put 4 of them in recently... nothing like what you watch and deal with in a co-op