"W Box" (0E-40DF28WDR)

Reaction score
As posted in another thread and on various other online articles, the W Box cams appear to be Hikvisions.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone (like I did) comes looking for basic settings in BI: I only needed to view the stream on this, didn't get into any advanced features but was able to get the view by popping in the IP, user, password and choosing Arecont / H.264 RTSP

From there, BI was able to connect and pull a stream.

This was all I needed so if there are issues, sorry I probably won't be able to help much.

Edit: It also appears the Generic / RTSP works as well. (For some reason, the 1st "W Box" cam I added apparently had issues of some sort (or there were network issues at the time) and I had to fiddle..

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
I apologize if I am making this off topic but was wondering. W-Box is ADI's house brand, which is sold only to dealers. So how or why would you buy W-Box when you can get Hikvision direct for less? Just curious.

Reaction score
Simple answer: I did not buy them.

Complicated semi-answer: I am dealing with some issues from an installer who is nice and seems to know his stuff on the camera side of life but is a bit technically challenged on the PC side.

But you do raise a question for my newbness: How do general consumers get Hiks direct? - I've picked a couple off Amazon but WOW, they certainly are not direct.. lol