Wall mount with conduit?

Reaction score
I am going to be purchasing some of the IPC cameras from Empire Tech. I'd like to mount them on a brick wall. The cables have been run internally and pop out externally as near to possible as where the cameras need mounting. However, there will still need to be a short conduit run to each camera. Looking at the Dahua mounts, how can I achieve this? It appears, they are designed to go exactly where the cables pop out and thus run the cables internally within the mount.

Thanks

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Dahua has specific mounts for specific cameras, what model cameras are they?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@chrisevans1001 ,

Each camera has an available, specific junction box on which the camera can be mounted and the connection made to the camera's pigtail. This protects that connection from the elements.

Most of these boxes also provide a threaded hole where conduit, including flexible "seal tite" conduit can also be employed. They will likely have one or more 3/4" or 1/2" threaded female hole(s) and may come with a removable fitting designed to be cable strain relief or gland type fitting.

Assuming the cameras are Dahua cameras, you can find the box that fits your camera from the guide, attached below, and see how it is fitted.

P.S. -Welcome to IPCT!
:wave:

Attachments

Reaction score
My apologies both, it would have helped if I included the camera details! I am looking at the IPC-T5241TM-AS and using the Waterproof Wall Mount Bracket PFB203W.

1590766348708.png

I found the below picture online which would suggest the cable runs straight through the middle hole. If I were mounting it directly on the wall, this would be problematic as I'd need the cable to come out on the top and run upwards in conduit. A small dilemma! :)

1590766278242.png

Reaction score
PS: I did find the type below available. Everything I read suggests it is for ceiling mounting however it looks perfect to me? I can't see why I wouldn't be able to wall mount and attach the camera to it? Will I be restricted in angles if I do this?

1590766489689.png

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PS: I did find the type below available. Everything I read suggests it is for ceiling mounting however it looks perfect to me? I can't see why I wouldn't be able to wall mount and attach the camera to it? Will I be restricted in angles if I do this?

View attachment 62659
I have 2 of these boxes mounted to the side of my brick house with two Dahua turret cameras and they work very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have 2 of these boxes mounted to the side of my brick house with two Dahua turret cameras and they work very well.

Are you able to get decent angles? The positions they'll need to be in will be flat on a wall and looking down the left and right hand sides rather than straight out.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you able to get decent angles? The positions they'll need to be in will be flat on a wall and looking down the left and right hand sides rather than straight out.
Yes I have one pointing left and one pointing right to cover my back and front entrances.

IMG_0792.jpg
IMG_0791.jpg
IMG_0725.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just for reference you can run conduit right out of that mount to another location. I have two wires running into the mount. One for the lower camera and the second wire goes out the side and up the conduit into the soffit and then down into the camera.

Attachments

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead as I have the exact same mount as in post #4, only it's mounted flat against an 8' fence post at the yard end of my driveway, with the camera looking down the driveway. Because it's 8' off the ground, the ethernet cable can be reached and cut (though I have another camera that you'd have to pass by to get down the driveway). I'm redoing my entire home network and cabling and was thinking of using a mount I could attach metal flex conduit to to protect the ethernet cable. Any suggestions on a mount that would allow the camera to be mounted directly against the fence and I can connect conduit to?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
You really need to use a box like the one in post #5 and in the pictures after that. One of the main "problems" is that the cameras come with a large pigtail of I/O. You have to hide those wires IMHO. If you cannot mount the camera where you can stick the pigtail into a wall or ceiling, then you will need a box simply to have enough space to hold the pigtail.

Those boxes also typically have a round "knockout plug" that is sized for a common conduit size (3/4" or 1"). You can see it in the picture in post #5 - it simply hasn't been removed yet. You can simply screw the end of the conduit into the knockout plug hole and have a very clean installation. The conduit sizes are the same regardless of the conduit material (PVC, metal, etc).

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back from the dead as I have the exact same mount as in post #4, only it's mounted flat against an 8' fence post at the yard end of my driveway, with the camera looking down the driveway. Because it's 8' off the ground, the ethernet cable can be reached and cut (though I have another camera that you'd have to pass by to get down the driveway). I'm redoing my entire home network and cabling and was thinking of using a mount I could attach metal flex conduit to to protect the ethernet cable. Any suggestions on a mount that would allow the camera to be mounted directly against the fence and I can connect conduit to?
+1 on the points The Automation Guy mentioned.

If you find you end up needing some flexible material, check you local home-improvement store for some Liquidtight Flexible Non-Metallic PVC Conduit. It is easy to work with.

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I took a look at that box yesterday, it's still pulled up in my browser. I guess the issue I thought I might have is the fact I need to point the camera straight out from the fence, where in the examples above the camera are pointed to the side. The cam specs say there is only a 78 degree tilt allowed. Though maybe I could mount it rotated to the side and see if BI can rotate the video 90 degrees? Aspect ratio would be vertical instead of horizontal but that's probably OK. Not sure what I'm picturing in my head would work though, I'd probably have to take the camera down and play with it.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I took a look at that box yesterday, it's still pulled up in my browser. I guess the issue I thought I might have is the fact I need to point the camera straight out from the fence, where in the examples above the camera are pointed to the side. The cam specs say there is only a 78 degree tilt allowed. Though maybe I could mount it rotated to the side and see if BI can rotate the video 90 degrees? Aspect ratio would be vertical instead of horizontal but that's probably OK. Not sure what I'm picturing in my head would work though, I'd probably have to take the camera down and play with it.
Most cameras allow you to rotate the image 90 degrees with a simple click within the GUI of the camera. If the limitations of the physical camera adjustment do not get quite to where you need to see, you might be able use some cedar shakes between the fence post and the mount box to tweak the angle.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Obviously this ultimately depends on the cameras you end up using, but in general you will be surprised at the amount of adjustability that you have. It really doesn't matter if the box is mounted vertically or horizontally. You can adjust the turret ball or bullet camera mounting plate enough to get a normal viewing angle.

rawbar

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a case of where a picture is worth 1000 words

20210608_133845.jpg20210608_133824.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Given that the outer shell can rotate 360 degrees, the camera ball can be positioned, vertically or horizontally, in any position required when the camera is mounted to a PFA130 on a vertical surface.