Want to able to activate an audio notification when object or person enters a configured box

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a way to activate an audio notification to play on speakers when an object (i.e. package) or person (i.e. mail carrier / delivery driver) enters a configured box (IVS-like) in Blue Iris? I've played around with the audio notification settings in the main display area, but it doesn't seem to trigger any sound even with motion detection enabled (the motion detection markers are still visible though during playback), even though I have the output set to my speakers. I've been relying on PIR Motion Detectors, but the sensitivity varies especially when I have creatures (small, medium, and large), crossing paths of the PIR. I'd rather rather try digital detection instead seeing that Blue Iris purportedly triggers less false results and better motion detection overall. Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, see the BI help file. I don't recall all the steps off the top of my head.
That's exactly what I do for notification that someone is at my door.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Page 8 of manaul.
Open settings of the cam in question.
Click Alerts tab.
Then clilck on On Alert and set it up there.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, upon looking that seems to be exactly what I was looking for, but silly me, it appears I was performing the action correctly this whole time with one exception. I tried using an mp4 file instead of wav. The manual clearly states to use a wav file :lol: All makes sense now.
Your version of the help file is different than mine. :banghead:
Page 79

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks @looney2ns I spent some time today tinkering with the settings and was able to get BI to setup these alerts flawlessly. Cheers :)

Reaction score
I have some set up but end up with an issue. If I RDP into the BI box and then close out of the RDP window, I no longer get audio alerts to my BI machine. The only way I can get them back is to go up stairs and physically get on the BI box, i.e. unlock the screen. Then if I lock the screen and not RDP in all is fine. Any ideas?