Warning on storage location

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have BI recording 5 cameras all on motion to my "C" drive (set at 10Gb), then moved to my "WD mycloud"(set to 500Gb).
I have 41Gb free on "C" drive, and 1.2Tb free on WD mycloud.
It works fine as a stand alone.
But if I enable "run as windows service" I get RED writing in the lower status bar.
But I still records in both situations.

See attached picture:

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have BI recording 5 cameras all on motion to my "C" drive (set at 10Gb), then moved to my "WD mycloud"(set to 500Gb).
I have 41Gb free on "C" drive, and 1.2Tb free on WD mycloud.
It works fine as a stand alone.
But if I enable "run as windows service" I get RED writing in the lower status bar.
But I still records in both situations.

See attached picture:
if the mycloud is a NAS you may need to check dont monitor free space....

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeeee, thanks for that. It's back to a normal color. :)

jfseeker69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello real novice here in need of some help please. I have had Bi up and running for a long time (with the help of a friend) and with the newest version 4.6.1.3 and the one before it, I have a storage warning on the status bar. The db and new clips are stored on a 240gb SSD and once it reaches 150gb it purges the clips to a 3tb hdd. Both the SSD and the HDD were just formatted and the folders re-installed and still showing warnings in RED (!! G: +77.7G, H: -705.7G) currently i have over 220gb on the SSD and 2.7tb on the HDD of available space. Yet showing errors ideas please ???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You have over-allocated storage on the H Drive... Check the storage for each folder and you will see that you have allocated more than the drive can hold

jfseeker69

n3wb
Reaction score
You have over-allocated storage on the H Drive... Check the storage for each folder and you will see that you have allocated more than the drive can hold
Sir your advice did solve the problem, but I dont understand why. Its a 3tb HDD with nothing on it and it was allocated to 2700gb i dropped that number down to 2500 and it was still over the limit. I turned off the gb limit and used a time of 75 days and it is no longer in the RED.. is BI limited to 2TB HDD ? Thank You very much for spot on advice and for solving my issue in record time. Thank You---- jfseeker69

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sir your advice did solve the problem, but I dont understand why. Its a 3tb HDD with nothing on it and it was allocated to 2700gb i dropped that number down to 2500 and it was still over the limit. I turned off the gb limit and used a time of 75 days and it is no longer in the RED.. is BI limited to 2TB HDD ? Thank You very much for spot on advice and for solving my issue in record time. Thank You---- jfseeker69
no it is not limited to 2tb...it has no limit...you have something set wrong...dont use days to limit recording..it should be limited by actual storage space...
a 3tb drive will have about 2800gb of storage...you need to look at all folders COMBINED...check your new/stored and alert/aux folders...blue iris always requires a size limit..sometimes you have to restart or wait before the error goes away...uncheck the 75 day limit, you already have a size limit set, no way around that...

jfseeker69

n3wb
Reaction score
Sir... I have db and New folders on the SSD set to 150gb limit before purging to the 3TB HDD Stored folder, there is only a single folder on the 3tb drive and it shows a free space of 2.72TB. If I limit the amount of files Stored on the drive by GB to 2500 it says I am over the limit by 705 Gb. @2000 GB is still states over the limit by 205GB. This drive was just formatted again and I replaced the Stored Folder so I can be certain the available free space is 2.72TB. Again Thank You for all of your assistance. Jfseeker69

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sir... I have db and New folders on the SSD set to 150gb limit before purging to the 3TB HDD Stored folder, there is only a single folder on the 3tb drive and it shows a free space of 2.72TB. If I limit the amount of files Stored on the drive by GB to 2500 it says I am over the limit by 705 Gb. @2000 GB is still states over the limit by 205GB. This drive was just formatted again and I replaced the Stored Folder so I can be certain the available free space is 2.72TB. Again Thank You for all of your assistance. Jfseeker69
post images of setting for ALL your folders in the blue iris clips tab...you have something set wrong...also ensure to restart blue iris after making any changes..

jfseeker69

n3wb
Reaction score
what about the alerts and aux folder?
Sir I checked each and every folder and you are 100% absolutely correct one of my AUX folders had 1tb on it even I wasn't using that folder it was still subtracting from my "balance".
Thank You Very Much for your assistance.
Jfseeker69

jfseeker69

n3wb
Reaction score
Sir May I ask a similar question I am not sure if would still be notified on this thread.