WARNING... Out to those who have upgraded to V4.1.61

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After each upgrade I look through all settings to see what has changed.

Hikvision maybe trying to pull a fast one on users with "GREY MARKET" equipment.

I upgraded my eBay bought Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P to the latest firmware version V4.1.61build180818 and noticed a sneaky setting turned on.

They enable auto firmware update, i know for a lot of users who have hacked versions if this happened would most likely brick their NVR.

If you have upgraded but have not checked through the settings, do so at your earliest convenience.

autoupdate.png

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
There I was thinking there making life easier for the not so tech savvy users lol

psnsfrg

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't most people have their NVR not connected to the internet? This shouldn't really be an issue.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I always manually update if there’s a need this auto upgrade could get some one unstuck ,It just seemed to help the un savvy end user ( or unstick as pointed out the grey market user who knows what there objective is

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After each upgrade I look through all settings to see what has changed.

Hikvision maybe trying to pull a fast one on users with "GREY MARKET" equipment.

I upgraded my eBay bought Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P to the latest firmware version V4.1.61build180818 and noticed a sneaky setting turned on.

They enable auto firmware update, i know for a lot of users who have hacked versions if this happened would most likely brick their NVR.

If you have upgraded but have not checked through the settings, do so at your earliest convenience.

View attachment 33449
Can you provide us with a ... "screenshot" tour of the web interface of the new firmware?