Waterproof housing (similar to Dahua zoom) for DIY LPR?

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking for a housing for my DIY 50mm Sony IMX291 LPR. I couldn't find anything with close specs, and I frankly got tired of fighting it, so for 20$ from Ali and another 25$ for a fast optic, I now have a lense capable of reading license plates to the edge of my circle (and a bit beyond). How it works at night, I don't know yet.
I still need to get a POE module to hook it up properly, but I do need to find some good housings. I was hoping to come across some busted Dahua units but no-dice there.

Ali's got a couple, but they're still 20$ and of questionable waterproofness. I ordered them anyways.

Thanks for the tips on the lense- it's still not as sharp as I'd like, but it's pretty decent. I may try and hook up one of my old camera lenses or find a fast 50mm f1.8 from ebay. footprint would be the same, just severely cropped.

Thanks kindly

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Clinton CE-H13 has potential, search Ebay for CE-H13.

Example with a chin-mounted IR emitter, a project for a buddy who wants LPR. This thing is very robust and has a fan and a heater.

upload_2019-10-5_18-47-0.png

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dang! That's slick. Probably way out of my league, too. I'll have to search for those. Nice bosch camera though - I tore a dead one apart awhile back, have the chips waiting to be burned and dies looked at for fun. I wonder what's on them.