Waves horizontal lines on monitor

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Yesterday i installed a system of 12 cameras hdcvi. I used dahua xvr5116hs-x, 2 hfw2241t-z-a, 1 hfw2241e-a and 9 hdw1200em-a, for cable i used cat6 23awg and video power baluns. My problem is that on the monitor (brand new monitor 1920x1080) shows waves on the cameras but from the application p2p it shows perfectly clear. My cable distance not exceed the 30 meteres the longer camera. I checked the voltage on every camera and it is ok to 12,5vdc. My power supply is 12vdc 15 amp it is very enough.
Can anyone help me with this?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the video artifact unique to each camera or does it affect the entire screen? What about if you are in menus?

If remote viewing is perfectly clear then it suggests the local monitor is the problem. The monitor or the DVR could be defective, or if you're using a VGA connection (see picture) then the cable could be bad or could be picking up noise from nearby.

1589383545245.png

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is only affect the video. In menu is clear . I tried two monitor and it is the same. The last monitor is new one and it is connect by hdmi not vga. The only thing i can blaime is that the power supply is too close to the dvr. Is that affect?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so the monitor or monitor cable isn't the problem. Power supply could be the problem, I suppose, but it is really hard to say anything for sure without video of the problem.

I don't know where HDCVI cameras do the analog to digital video conversion at, but if it is analog video being carried over the cable then your problem could be the baluns or the cable or both.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It would also help to know for sure if remotely-viewed video really does have your "waves" and they are just harder to see due to compression, screen size, or something like that.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you record the monitor with your phone to show us what you are seeing when it is wrong? Indeed the snapshot looks perfectly normal.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have seen the exact same problems via my own XVR 7208 4k. Using a ample power supply to feed all the cameras X 8 of them. The bars from bottom to top of local HDMI connected monitor shows the issue, very most apparent on 4-8 mp CVI cams! Smart PSS and mobile app no issues. Seems indeed XVR issues on local view. Indeed possible ground to earth conflict.
I resolved by separate power supplying and lowering resolution of 4k CVI can to 6 mp.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I change the format from pal to ntsc for the 4 cameras and work fine now. Can you tell me why?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
First, because you said it was horizontal. Second, because I'd expect a noise pattern on analog video to be constant.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why changing the video from pal to ntsc fixed the problem? My dvr is pal and my cameras are ntsc

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One is 60hz and the other is 50hz. What you are see is a electric beat interference. This will occurs on cvi cameras.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed that post :)

While it is true that PAL is 50hz and NTSC is 60hz, both of those specifications have a fixed resolution making it impossible for either to be used for HD video. I don't know how the video is actually transmitted over the wire from your cameras, whether it is in digital or analog form. But if it is analog then it is possible that it is indeed picking up noise and causing the visual artifacts. The shape / size / behavior of those artifacts would be dependent on the frequency of the noise source.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course, not seeing the noise pattern when remote viewing strongly suggests the problem is between the DVR and the monitor. Either that or the noise pattern is being masked by digital compression and rescaling to fit your screen.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The wiring setup was car6 through video power baluns . I made rj45 and plug into the balun and the baluns to dvr