Weatherproof box for 5241E

chops101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I would put this out there in case anyone is looking to weatherproof their 5241E size LPR.
I live in a tropical zone which gets a lot of rain. That said I searched Amazon for a box that would be sized right for the 5241E without being too huge. I picked this up Amazon.com and tried it out.
Long story short, it works great.
Caveats: Glare because it has a glass insert? Yes, slightly, but only with headlights and FL does not have front plates. It makes no difference to me, as I don't look at car fronts. Also my situation is somewhat unique, I live on a deadend street. There's only one-way out and my LPR has to be passed.
Potential glare fix: The glass insert on front is removeable. The camera face is exactly the same size as the glass insert. By removing the glass, and making a gasket between the camera face and shell , it would remain watertight.
LPR2.jpg

The LPR mounting bracket has to be disassembled , and placed into the shell, but it in no way affects performance. You don't take the cam apart, only the bracket.
And, it's actually mounted upside down (chg mirror-180° in settings) , as I used the camera hood mounting threads to secure it.
LPR1.jpg

Oh, and I'm running a few bullets around and protect them with pvc. Not weatherproof , just protected.
FrontViewCamCase1.jpg

night example.jpg

CODE.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:cool:I like that bullet in the PVC; if that white PVC was painted to match the fence it would hardly be noticeable, IMO.