Web component permission question...

eibyer

n3wb
Reaction score
I am viewing our LTS NVR through a browser but when I capture a snapshot or clip and try to click the link to bring up the captured image or clip, I get an error saying "Location is unavailable".

If I log in to the computer as Administrator and perform the same task, I am able to view the clips and captured images. I installed the plugin as Admin but that didn't help. What am I missing?

My domain user login is added to the PC as local administrator also. Any hints as to what I can change?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am viewing our LTS NVR through a browser but when I capture a snapshot or clip and try to click the link to bring up the captured image or clip, I get an error saying "Location is unavailable
Windows doesn't trust the browser to drop files anywhere other than the usually-hidden virtualised temporary files area.

Depending on other security settings, you may find that adding the NVR IP address to the IE11 'Trusted Sites' may fix this and allow the files to be saved in the configured location.
Alternatively - running IE11 'as administrator' will definitely do so.

eibyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't try to run IE with elevated permission. I will give that a try next time.

Thanks!