WEB connection not working on new install.

intwoit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am running win 7 x64, 16G memory, nvideo graphics card do not remember #. Wired connection 1GB link, netgear router, time warner cable modem.

I have disabled windows firewall temporarily. Ip of computer is 192.168.1.107, port 17801.

Running the web wizard I get all the way to last page, and it fails says time out.

I have connected 10 cameras to the software all wired and all IP cameras. Works just as advertised love the software, just this one issue.

Have opened port on router. Logging in from another pc I get a login screen but when I enter name and pass it just goes blank and it is ready to try again.

I know I am missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, a NEWBE.

Retired engineer.

Thanks,
Al

intwoit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Confirm port is open.. Canyouseeme.org
That was the first thing (canyouseeme) I tried and it said it was closed. Checked router (netgear), opened port 17801, then made sure win firewall was set it was. I then tried port 21, 80, 25 and all were closed according to (can you see me). I then confirmed that ftp, mail were all working and they are.

Not sure what is going on.

thanks,
Al

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That was the first thing (canyouseeme) I tried and it said it was closed. Checked router (netgear), opened port 17801, then made sure win firewall was set it was. I then tried port 21, 80, 25 and all were closed according to (can you see me). I then confirmed that ftp, mail were all working and they are.

Not sure what is going on.

thanks,
Al
you are either not properly opening ports or your provider is blocking them...try port 8585...change it in blue iris as well as your router. Make sure you are forwarding to the correct pc.

intwoit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
View attachment 13601
I have included screen shots of the set up. I have other ports open for other applications and they work fine 90,91. Very confused. Thanks for your help.
Al

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Manually open the ports don't use the blue iris to do it also change the port as I indicated finally delete the images that have your external IP don't want to post it on the internet