Web Server - Allow users to connect from different subnet but not WAN

ShawnM

n3wb
Reaction score
I have multiple subnets managed by a SonicWall, with full interface trust between the subnets. That being the case, I have no problem reaching the BI Web Server using the LAN address; however, in order to log in, I need to remove the "LAN only" flag from the user.

My issue is that I want some users to be able to access the web server from the other local subnet, but NOT externally. Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to accomplish this?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You may consider reading in Blue Iris' built-in "Help" in this following chapter:
REMOTE ACCESS ==>> OTHER ADVANCED WEB SERVER TOPICS ==>>AUTHENTICATION

It explains how you can create a *"whitelist" of allowed IP addresses. This assumes you know the LAN IP's of allowable user machines and that they are static.

*This term's days are likely numbered. :idk:

ShawnM

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I noticed the whitelist, but I don't think it will do what I need it to do, unless I'm not understanding correctly. If I limit by IP address, it would also affect my WAN connections, correct? In my case, the LAN connections can be kept static and potentially white-listed, but not the WAN.

I don't think it's possible in BI, but it would be ideal if we could have a white list of addresses (preferably allowing whole subnets as well) by user - e.g. User A can connect from a list of IPs/IP Ranges, User B has no limits by IP address. This would solve my issue and allow me to have User A connect only from local subnets and User B can connect from any LAN/WAN address

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd need to ask Blue Iris support if this is something he would add. But given the small audience of users who would use such a feature, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.