Web Server CORS support

riccanet

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Blue Iris webserver has support for CORS? I'm trying to use the HLS streams in conjunction with SmartThings to cast specific camera's to Android TV and Chromecast. The streams are all working in VLC and Quicktime just can't get them to show on the chromecast and the only thing I keep finding is the site needs CORS headers.

stream addresses are: http://<BI IP>:<PORT>/h264/cam#/temp.m3u8

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It includes the appropriate header on all relevant responses. You might be having an authentication issue. Try adding the chromecast's IP address to the "Limit IP addresses" field in Web Server > Advanced, preceded by a '^' symbol.

e.g.

Code:
^192.168.0.129
As described in BI's help file, this will allow the address to access BI with admin privilege, without requiring authentication.

riccanet

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have authentication on for Non-LAN connections only. I'll try what you suggested and see if it works. Thanks.

riccanet

n3wb
Reaction score
No luck. The Chromecast device definitely connected as the admin from the log. Its definitely on the Chromecast end since the streams are working in everything else. I have tested it with a verified m3u8 file with the correct CORS headers and that particular video file functioned on the Chromecast.

Taigar

n3wb
Reaction score
Any updates on this issue?
I am trying to cast Blue Iris to a chromecast using Home Assistant. MJPEG works, but times out after 20 minutes. (this is because the chromecast thinks it is 'paused')