webplugin could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

I have an HDW4431C-A who's working fine with firefox/ie/chrome/palmoon
I just receive 2 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and one IPC-HDW5231R-Z
When using firefox/ie/chrome/palmoon and try to download the webplugin, i get connexion reset with the message: webplugin could not be saved, because the source file could not be read
This error is on all the new camera

Using SMARTPSS works fine.

Any idea on how to fix ?

Thanks

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If your cam came with a Mini Cd, the web plugin might be on it.

Hirize

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ah, I have treaded these waters for some time and almost drowned.

I ended up having to go to Pale Moon browser (32 bit version, called the X86 download)
Then after opening up the cameras own software in the browser you need to click on the download link.
My Anti-virus would not let me download the file and this may be happening to you. Turn off your AV till you have it installed.
DO NOT use chrome, plug-in is buggy as hell !!!

Read here

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, I have treaded these waters for some time and almost drowned.

I ended up having to go to Pale Moon browser (32 bit version, called the X86 download)
Then after opening up the cameras own software in the browser you need to click on the download link.
My Anti-virus would not let me download the file and this may be happening to you. Turn off your AV till you have it installed.
DO NOT use chrome, plug-in is buggy as hell !!!

Read here
Yes the web plug ins are Indeed a pain in the balls for sure. When shit don't work I have gone right to the webrec folder under system32 and system and deleted it. In the system folder is a sub folder called torch...delete it. let the stuff re-install