Webserver ip address issue

Reaction score
I've had this issue for quite some time where the webserver ip address changes to my other NIC. One NIC has all my cameras, and one NIC has access to the internet. Obviously I use the internet connected NIC as my webserver address, but upon reboots it almost always switches to the other NIC. When I check the webserver setup page the "local camera NIC" is always the one listed. I have to shut down Blue Iris, then the service, and re-launch the application. By then both NICs are listed in the drop down, I pic the one I want and happy days until I need to reboot the machine for some reason. My assumption is this has something to do with a windows priority feature of some kind? Surely I'm not the only one to have noticed this issue?

webserver nic issue .jpg

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I run dual NICs, well in fact I have 3 and I don’t have this issue, never had to redo the config on my system. What type of NICs do you have?

Reaction score
I run dual NICs, well in fact I have 3 and I don’t have this issue, never had to redo the config on my system. What type of NICs do you have?
@badmotorscooter ,

What about BI's Settings==>>Web server==>> check the box for "Listen/bind for one selected LAN IP only" ?
One Nic is a built in mobo nic which is the one that has access to the internet, the other nic is an Intel pci card. I don't really think that in itself matters. Now that I think about it, randomly the internet access nic will for whatever reason not have access to the internet upon boot up. It has a static ip(both do), and I will have to disable and enable the card. This is somewhat rare, but perhaps related to the same issue. I'm pretty confident this isn't a blue iris issue, but i figured i would ask here as I assumed someone else had to see this issue before. I had tried the "Listen/bind for one selected LAN IP only" option, it made no difference as the internet access nic just dissapears from the webserver drop down menu upon bootup. When this happens 99% of the time there is no other issues going on related to networking or internet access. My local lan camera only conection NIC has 100% reliability, never an issue. Maybe the solution is to add yet another network card?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It sounds like it’s flicking because the Intel NIC isn’t available so you need to figure out why the NIC sometimes doesn’t appear. Start with removing the card and reseating it, even a different slot maybe then check the drivers and update.

Reaction score
It sounds like it’s flicking because the Intel NIC isn’t available so you need to figure out why the NIC sometimes doesn’t appear. Start with removing the card and reseating it, even a different slot maybe then check the drivers and update.
The Intel nic is the one I never have trouble with, sorry if I wasn't clear. The on-board nic is my problem child. The easiest thing now that I've talked through this may be to just replace it by adding another.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Change the cable that s used for the Internet NIC.
Check the router that the local address for the NIC exists in the router, and that the IP address is not for another network device. Check that the router and nic are referring to the same MAC address.

a side note.
Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Note there is no reason to redact local ip addresses when posting.

Reaction score
Change the cable that s used for the Internet NIC.
Check the router that the local address for the NIC exists in the router, and that the IP address is not for another network device. Check that the router and nic are referring to the same MAC address.

a side note.
Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Note there is no reason to redact local ip addresses when posting.
Other than the cable itself, everything else has been verified as ok. I'll do a cable swap and see if it provides any relief.
I'm aware internal ip address are worthless, but quite useful if someone gets your static ip from isp. It's just an old habit of mine, appreciate the notice.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You could check if there might be a BIOS update for the desktop or even just try plugging it into a different port at the switch end.

Reaction score
I swapped cables with my printer, and no trouble since, that put me on a different switch port as well. I figured I would wait a while to make sure the issue didn't come back before I followed up here. I'm calling the issue fixed, though I can't definitely say why that cured the problem.