Webserver Problems for NOOB

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm new to Blue Iris and currently just running the eval copy. I only have one camera and the software is setup and functioning wonderfully. Now, I've moved on to trying to setup the webserver. I have a lot of experience with port forwarding as I run a media server and need to access it remotely on a regular basis. I also already had noip running and redirection my dynamic ip address. I tried to manually set up the server, and also tried the wizard. I have entered my current ip address of the computer hosting blue iris as well as my noip address and neither seem to work. I have tried a couple of different ports 2875, 8585....neither of those seems to work. In the wizard where it attempts to connect, it states that the connection times out. If I open a browser on the computer hosting, and enter the IPaddress:port it opens the login screen; however, if I enter the noip address:port it times out. And I can't access it from any other computer on my network or outside the network regardless of the method. I tried turning on upnp in my router and letting blue iris do the port forward, this worked (in the router), but didn't make a change in connecting (I turned it back off because I noticed some port forwards that I didn't initiate from the camera.....somone scraping IPaddresses?) I have made sure that blueiris.exe is an exception in windows firewall (windows 10). I've tried everything I can think of. I want to purchase the software, but if I can't use the webserver....it's not very beneficial to me. Any suggestions from you experts? Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to post screenshots of all the relevant configurations, making sure to obscure your public IP/address when it shows in any of them.

Cameras love to use UPnP to expose themselves for hacking. Always best to keep that feature disabled at the router.

Reaction score
You'll have to post screenshots of all the relevant configurations, making sure to obscure your public IP/address when it shows in any of them.

Cameras love to use UPnP to expose themselves for hacking. Always best to keep that feature disabled at the router.
Thank you bp2008.....what screenshots would you suggest, each of the screens in the webserver wizard, and then the screenshot of the port forwarded in my router? Thanks again.

Reaction score

Thank you please see attached screenshots. I have continued to try everything I can to get it to work. On the screenshot of the port forward, I have both port forward rules in there (the one the software put in via UPnP when it was enabled, and the one I manually put in); however, I have tried it with both individually as well. As I said, I have several other ports forwarded to the same computer for remote access for other programs as I use the computer as a media server. Any additional help would be appreciated.

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG Capture5.JPG Capture6.JPG Capture7.JPG Capture8.JPG port forward.JPG

Reaction score
Ok, progress. I tried installing blue iris on another computer on my network. And forwarded a different port to that computer. Everything worked fine and as expected. Strange. I then decided to completely uninstall BlueIris on my server and reinstall it....low and behold it worked right away. Not sure what the problem was, but glad that was resolved.

Now I have a different issue. I'm using NoIP to track my dynamic ip address and redirect. It works great. However, now when I try to access the webserver via a browser on a PC (using my noip address:2875), the login screen comes up and when I enter my user credentials, the fields just clear back out (as if I either entered the wrong password or nothing at all). This happens on any remote PC using any browser. However, on any of those same PCs....if I enter the actual current IP address (instead of the noip address), then I can gain access. It would seem that maybe there was an issue with the NOIP tie...HOWEVER, if I downloaded the app for IOS and isntalled it and entered the credentials for NoIP and it works fine. And if I enter the NOIP credentials into a browser on my smartphone (regardless of the browser...ie. safari, firefox, or chrome) they all work. So what the heck is going on? Any suggestions?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed your earlier posts. I'm glad you got it working because that configuration looked fine to me. For what its worth you should DISABLE UPnP in your router, otherwise your cameras can expose themselves without your knowledge and then they'll get hacked.

I'm not sure what your problem might be with logging in using the dynamic DNS address. Maybe a problem with security software on the PC, blocking Blue Iris's session cookie.

Reaction score
Sorry I missed your earlier posts. I'm glad you got it working because that configuration looked fine to me. For what its worth you should DISABLE UPnP in your router, otherwise your cameras can expose themselves without your knowledge and then they'll get hacked.

I'm not sure what your problem might be with logging in using the dynamic DNS address. Maybe a problem with security software on the PC, blocking Blue Iris's session cookie.
Thanks again bp2008. I have disabled UPnP on the router. I only enabled it to add the port forward automatically in hopes of that having a different result when I was troubleshooting. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Regarding the dynamic dns issue....it's really strange. I have cleared history/cookies. I have tried several different browsers from several different computers (with the exact same result). But like I said, if I enter from a browser on a mobile device it works. I tried entering noipaddress.com:2875/mobile.htm from my pc browser just to test, but it results in the same issue. The fact that the dynamic dns address works from the app and from mobile devices and simply not from any PC I've tried (I've tried from work, from home, from a friends so its all from very different systems), it just doesn't work. Very strange.