Websockets setting on G1 (5.5.61) and R6 (5.5.53)

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT: My mistake. Only shows on the G1 (5.5.61) firmware. Not the R6 (5.5.53).

I loaded the latest firmware on my G1 and R6 series cams this evening.

The only change I noted was the appearance of a new tab under Advanced Network Settings titled "Network Service"

In the tab are two selection boxes. One for "Websocket" and the other "Websockets"

Maybe someone can enlighten me on what the settings do?

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Release notes for firmware G1 5.5.61. Standout new feature is "Newly support no-plugin preview on web". Assuming this is where Websockets might come into play.

• Software Name:
    Baseline Firmware_IPC_G1_V5.5.61 Build180718 Release
  • Software Size:

• Software Description:
    Hikvision Firmware V5.5.61 Features
    1. New Features
      • Newly support no-plugin preview on web;
      • Modify the Note when enable H.264+ or H.265+, change from:

• to:
    2. Improved Features
      • Solve the issue that search video failed and playback video an hour ago failed on Web Component when set DST Start Time later than End Time. .
      • Solve the issue of duplicating adjustment on camera while configuring the DST on NVR.
      • Third-party device connect camera to playback or download video by SDK interface, when third-party device send instructions that camera doesn’t support, connection will be lost and video download will fail has been solved.
    3. Leftover Issues
    • After switch stream type rapidly when previewing on the web, it will occur display error, video play via second stream even if stream type shown as main stream. Switching interface can solve this issue.
    • The operator account is configured with full permissions, enable the function of Hik-Connect platform, which prompts success, but does not actually take effect.
    • Device sets low frame rate (<1fps), the audio play will be not fluent when enable audio output on the 4200 client, OSD also flicker after a while. This issue only occurs under 2FPS, it will be fixed at next version.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Took them long enough, and they didn't even manage to do it on the standard http/https ports.