Webui issue logging in???

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
okay so I have had my starlight PTZ's hooked up to the NVR 5216 16p 4ks. So tonight I tried to log into them direct via webui. I tried the standard admin admin, 888888, 666666 and default for some reason it wouldn't let me log in. So I am stuck at the pic attached any insight on what might be the issue ?

Attachments

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I even tried a Poe + switch but it kept dropping off the router. So I grabbed my other old computer hooked the camera to the computer direct and it wouldn't let me log in. So I came to see if it was still on network and the IP was so I tried to long in on it using the webui app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1) you cannot log into the camera directly when its plugged into the nvr (there are some workarounds)...
2) did you change the pc's ipv4 address to match the subnet of the camera?

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) you cannot log into the camera directly when its plugged into the nvr (there are some workarounds)...
2) did you change the pc's ipv4 address to match the subnet of the camera?
I understand that you cannot long into the cameras direct when hooked up to the NVR. So I bought a PV-Tech POE 30 injector and tried to hook it up but it would show the camera for a few min then drop off?

As for #2 yes I followed this in order to get the address to match the subnet of the camera Step-By-Step Dahua Camera Setup

So once that all failed I went and got my older computer that has IE 8 and tried to log in with the camera plugged directly into the computer and on wifi. It would hook up and could get to the webui page but none of the log ins would work admin, default, 888888, or 666666.